bobandmaggie

Aqua Hot Service

THANKS TO HOWARD'S AQUA HOT

This past winter I had to have my Aqua Hot unit renewed due to a bad leak in the coils that go around the unit. Each year I have Wayne Howard of Howard's Aqua Hot due the Aqua Hot tune up. When I noticed the leak, I called Wayne. He opened the unit up and upon inspection, there was a good size leak. It required a new unit. We were able to locate a re-manufactured unit for less money. He was not allowed to replace the unit at the RV site. So, I took my RV to his facility in Cherry Valley, Ca.

I was very surprised at his facility. He has four large Motor home bays. He has a very clean bathroom with shower, as we had no hot water. He has a central dump and water hookup. He also has 30 amp hookup. I did not go into one of his bays so we could get TV. The point I want to make is that if any of our members need Aqua Hot work done and your hot water will be down. This is a perfect place to bring your RV. It is as if nothing changed. We were there for about 4 days. We golfed and shopped at the mall in Beaumont, Ca.

I can't thank Wayne Howard enough for his assistance and hospitality during our stay. His Tel# is 909-227-3904.

He and his wife even cooked us a dinner one night.

Bob Lawlor

F310849

Ok, I have my Aqua hot apart for service, I have located the source of the raw diesel smell. My nozzle was dripping raw fuel into the burner.

So I have all of the annual pm parts and the electrode setting tool, here's where my concern is. The photo plate is very loose, just dancing around, there is a spring clip but it too is just flopping around on the neck for the nozzle. This can't be right, anyone ever open their burner before?

Also, the genius that worked on it last (no clue whom) only installed one mounting anchor to hold the burner on. That's an easy fix, can't find any data on the photo plate proper mounting., anyone?
Model ahe-100-01s
Serial 01-720

Kinda suprised it worked so well. Again only opened for prentative maintenance that looks like it's been a while, lol

Well, found out its supposed to be loose so it seals against the burner tube. And the burner tube had a hair line crack in it and the swirl chamber was warped and just worn out.

Parts on order

Five, the guy that runs that forum Rodger B is the guy I buy my AH parts from. Thank you for the link.

He's very helpful, if we were going to a rally I would pay someone to complete the service. Honestly it's pretty simple, the hardest part is where it's located and access to it. I took some pictures I will post them soon in the gallery section.

Joe.

Your suppose to do an annual AH service and exercise it once a month!

What happened to your new sofa install yesterday?

Carl

Carl, sofa install is complete. When we bought the coach in May 2014 we were told the previous owner just had the Aqua Hot serviced, turns out....not likely. I exercise it monthly now. And that does work, my photo plate was clean. I'm a little late on the pm mostly since I was going to replace it with a propane unit this year but decided against it. I was shocked how easy it is to service, what I am happy about is I found the source of my raw fuel smell in that bay, the nozzle was so worn out it was dripping raw fuel into the burner tube and over fueling.

I wil post photos of the sofa tomorrow.

Wrapped it up and it works great. So far no more raw fuel smell inside the coach either :) .

Start to finish it took me an hour for the service, an additional 1/2 hour to reinstall the burner correctly after the first attempt. FYI, they will black smoke like an old diesel locomotive if the burner isn't sitting properly :blink: