Sign in to follow this  
Sundanceart

Monaco Monarch Leveler Relay

We recently purchased a 2006 Monaco Monarch SBD. I had an issue a week ago with my hydraulic levelers not retracting. I found instructions online for emergency/forced retraction. I followed those instructions and they came up perfectly. However, now I can't get them to extend. A friend suggested, since they are not moving at all nor are there any sounds coming from the pump, the jacks or the control panel, the problem could be in the relay that operates the system.

I have several plastic covers in our storage bins that cover various electrical components. I'd prefer not to go at things blindly. Does anyone know where that relay might be located and how to identify it?

Thanks very much for any help.

Graham Stevens

If you have a 2006 Monaco you should have a Power Gear Leveler system. If you hit the on off button you should get lights to tell you it's on with no beeping. If there is beeping there is a fault such as parking brake not on, shifter not in park or fluid is low. If there is no light that comes on the panel with the ignition switch on and engine not running then I would be checking for a 15 amp fuse.

Too bad you don't have the owners manual. All that information would be in the manual. Our fuses for most of the house 12V operations are in the outside compartment below the drivers feet. There are about 60 of them and the key to them is on the inside of the cover of the fuse panel.

If yours aren't there, call Monaco, 877-466-6226. Have your coach number (last six digits of the coach serial number, not the VIN) ready. Go to Customer Service in the menu and the operator can direct you to technical support. They should be able to help you. You might inquire about getting a copy of the manual for your coach. The manual has good descriptions of each system in the coach and basic trouble shooting steps to take.