Sign in to follow this  
jimm68

New To This Forum

Hi all,

Jim and Carol here.

We've had 2 motorhome since 2008.

Current coach is an 08 Monaco Knight which we bought in 010.

Gonna try this forum out for size, see how she fits.

Hi Jim and Carol, welcome to the forum and FMCA. I joined nearly a year ago and feel it was a good choice. My family membership is due next month and I think I'll go for five years this time around.

Jim & Carol,

I am not the first but surely will not her the last to welcome you to the Forum and FMCA. Great bund of folks use the Forum and there is a ton of information on it. The search engine wrks great, just type in a topic.

Safe travels!

Hi, Ken and Nancy here. We are new to the Forum-- have only been RV'ing since 2009 and we love it.

We have a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser, 32 foot and are looking at upgrading to a Class A. Not sure sometimes if I really want to, trying to look at the Pro's and Con's. Maybe someone out there can help with our decision to go from a Class C to Class A?

We plan on going to a warmer climate over the winters since we live in cold PA, probably heading south. We spent a month last year in Florida in the Class C and can't imagine 3 months, need something a little more homey. Still not sure about the additional size and new problems we may face , example in parks and gas stations, etc. Class C is not bad at all, maybe someone could ease my mind and give me some guidance.

Thanks

Ken and Nancy,

Welcome to the forum.

We had a 33 foot Class A gas model until we decided we wanted to full time. We needed more space inside and outside.

You will need to do more research concerning fuel stops and parks because of the larger Class A when you are planning a trip. Some state & national parks cannot accommodate larger coaches but we have found many can handle up to 40 feet. Many travels centers now have RV and truck lanes for refueling.

It still comes down to individual preferences when making such a decision. It took us about 2 years to decide on the specific coach we wanted. Just take your time looking and compare each coach to lists of "Must Have" and "Nice To Have".