Sign in to follow this  
bh2oman

1st Time FMCA Convention

We have never attended an FMCA convention and have never dry-camped before.

What amenities are available? From the grounds map, it looks like electric is available only because the areas labeled "family electric" hint that. I assume that there are no sewer hookups but is water available? Is a honey wagon service available?

We'll know more next time but this time we know nothing.

B&G

You get what you paid for. You can, if still available, get 30 amp electric and possibly water. I believe there "were" some full hookup connections available. There is a honey wagon service but it might cost a small amount extra, can't remember.

You will enjoy the OR area and don't forget that if you are considering any major purchase in the near future, there is NO sales tax in OR.

bh2aman,

Welcome to the Forum.

Call FMCA to make your reservation and they will tell you what is available. There will be Honey Wagon service and FMCA can tell you the cost. However when you arrive in Redmond please have your Holding and Gray water tanks empty and your Water tank full. Be conservative, use the public facilities as much as possible and you will be OK.

Go, enjoy and have a good time.

Herman

Hi B&G,

My Wife and I are first timers also. Though we owned a Class C 25-30 years ago, the FMCA Rally in Redmond will be our shakedown trip for our recently acquired 43 ft Class A. It will be our first time at an FMCA Rally and first time boondocking as well.

If you read through the "Convention" info on the FMCA website you'll find there is a good deal of information available. There were hookups available for rigs up to 35 ft max, if my memory is correct, but they are all reserved now. There are also areas separated by the use of generators; no gens, limited hours and 24 hr use. Honey wagon and fresh water service is also available at $20 or $25 per service. When you get your welcome package, it contains a good deal of additional information and their is an orientation meeting for all of us first timers. I have also sent a couple of emails to the FMCA with additional questions and they have been great in getting back promprtly with the information requested. It certainly seems that they have it all very well organized.