dafsr@aol.com

Towing 2013 Mini Cooper Convertible

I have just bought a 2013 Mine Cooper Convertible with manual transmission.

Any advice please on towing pkgs for this car behind our Coach?

Does Blue Ox make a base plate for it?

What is the proper towing process ???

Do we need to pull the fuse??

Thanks all...

Be cautious about flat towing your Mini. I would check with your dealer or the manufacturer about towing it. I have heard they may not repair any transmission problems under your warranty if they see you are flat towing it. I believe I have seen other topics about the subject. Just for your information. We had a Mini with the same issue, except ours was a automatic, so it could not be flat towed anyway. We traded it in on a Fiat 500 Abarth, which has directions in the manual how to flat tow. SIMPLE.

I tow a 07 Mini convertible manual trans. Have been for 3 years with no issues. I have the Blue Ox base plate and tow bar and had them install the wiring harness. Great little car to tow. I don't know about the 13 but on the 07 all you have to do is leave the key in the ignition and that unlocks the steering wheel. Just a great little car to tow and more fun to drive. It would be a good idea to check on the warranty issue though. Good luck!

I noticed you bought the 2013 Mini Cooper Convertible. Did you figure out the towing on it? How did you resolve the keyless ignition issue to unlock the steering? We're looking at one right now (same car) and are trying to find any information we can.