Meyer

Liability and Collision Insurance for RV

I am in the process of changing my liability and collision on the motorhome. Presently have American Family, but received a great quote from Good Sam. Any comments?

Ed Meyer

I have Blue Sky. Best rates I could find.

I filed my first claim on 7/11, Estimate made on 7/21 (I was on vacation got est. on my return), sent to Blue Sky on Friday 7/25...check in my mailbox yesterday 7/28

Got screwed by Blue Sky so be very careful of the quote. FMCA was also substantially higher than my existing Progressive insurance when I asked them for a quote.

Blue Sky quoted less than $1000 and when I called to sign up for the service they said that "just that day" they had a rate increase. That rate increase was just shy of 100% of the original price quoted.

I have stopped recommending insurance companies until AFTER I have experienced a couple of renewal premiums. It seems like low ball initial premiums give way to much higher renewal premiums and the reward for customer loyalty is you get to pay those higher costs upon renewal. Thank you for renewing with us, sucker! Home insurance, health insurance, vehicle insurance, it's all the same - once they have you down, they step on your neck and your wallet.

FWIW, I added the motorhome to my automobile policy with higher limits for about 1/2 of what a separate motorhome policy was quoted. Your mileage may vary.