michaelhillhouse

Kitchen Sink Stain

While camping last week my wife complained about the kitchen sink stained real easy and was hard to keep clean. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to correct this ? The sink is in a 2003 Dutch Star and is a one piece counter and sink combination. We thought about cleaning real good and try a sealer like we have to use on our Granite counters at home?

Regards,

Michael

Herman,

Thanks for the reply and yes it is a corian counter top, the sink is a dull white and has no shine to it at all. It stains easy and is hard to remove, haven't experienced anything like this before.

Also called the Newmar Corp cust. support to see if they have any solutions or aware of this in the past. They sent me a Dupont file for me to research.

To change the subject are you going to be at the Six State next month. We are going to be working at the vendors area with the club maybe we'll see ya there?

Regards,

Michael

Just a thought, tub refinishers use an epoxy coating, can be clear, or any color. My sister had corian in her home, and used a refinisher to change color, and the results were good for her.

Thanks for the replies.

After talking with Newmar and Dupont who makes the Corian, that might be a good Idea to use the epoxy coating. Both said there was no treatment available to seal the finish and that it was the nature of the beast to live with the stains and use bleach to get them out.

Regards,

Michael

Yes Michael I will be there. You may not know, but I am the Southern Region Vice President for the Six-State Rally Association. I will be all over the place. Are you going to be in Security or working in the vendor area?

Look me up if you can.

Herman

We have the same problem and a friend told us about Bar Keepers Friend. Comes in a container like Comet. It takes the stains out so fast it is hard to believe. We use it when needed.

We have Corian in our kitchen at home (as well as in the RV) and we use Soft Scrub With Bleach, along with a Scotch-Brite non-scratch (blue) sponge.

--Tim

RVGEEKS on Youtube had an idea, we tried it and worked. Add inch of hot water, one scoop of Oxyclean, swish around and let it sit. Bar keepers friend is wonderful on copper and stainless.