I though all FMCA members were good/nice people. Found out differently at Redmond today when we went to leave.

We were parked as per parking crew, when a lady came over and asked us to move as she couldn't get her full-sized Chevy SUV into her spot, leave a walkway between it and her husband's handicapped scooter!

To be nice, I moved over about 20" (I measured it), breaking my wheel well in the process as I forgot to let it air up fully ($500 or so to repair). After I moved we didn't have enough room to open our Odyssey doors fully without hitting our neighbors or our rig, but she had a 4' walkway between her SUV and the scooter. Then today I went to pack up to leave and found my window awning strap CUT on that side!

It wasn't that way when I pulled the awning down and I didn't see anyone do it, so I can't accuse them outright, but it wasn't that way when I parked!

Yep, it's true. Just because you own an RV does not mean you give a, hum, crap, about anyone else. We have become a me, me, me society and while RVing does tend to have us dealing with mostly sociable folks, those, "I don't give a, hum, crap about you" are still out there. You did more than I would have done so I give you "props" for the effort. I am just sorry to hear that you did what you could and this was still considered not enough. Don't color us all in the same light that those morons but also don't assume everyone is going to be as cordial as you. :wacko:

Yes sometimes we do meet those ingrates in society. I have ran into some rv'rs with the goose egg attached, and many without the egg. Sorry for the unfortunate experience.

Where I was parked on D-3 street at Redmond, there is a X where the left front corner goes and a line where the left rear side is not suppose to cross. The rear is not to be pass the wiring run behind the coach. If your coach was in these boundaries you shouldn't have to move it. I wouldn't of and instead would of checked their coach to see if they were parked correctly. There was plenty of room there to park large SUV and have scooters and golf carts too. On a 12 year old coach, window awning straps are known to break on their own when they are under tension. I wouldn't blame anyone unless I'm 100% sure and saw it happen.

I was lucky and didn't bump into anyone unfriendly there.

I'm not trying to kick a hornet nest but the strap is fabric and can tear in a straight line like duct tape. Most fabric does that as I remember ripping many pants and shirts.

No hornets nest intended either, but I'm standing by my original post. In 99.9% of the time a tear of fabric will distort the edges whereas a sharp object will leave a fine cut that can be held back together by hand and see almost a perfect fit. A tear will show the distortion. The strap on the awning is a heavier duty material than a piece of clothing.

Now, with all that said, it may not have been the people next door. Sometimes the "spirits" flow freely and someone wandering around says to his buddy, "Watch this!" (That's rednect speak for "Oh oh!"). Or some rambunctious children could have been pranking. One never knows and it could have been all coincidental.

BIll Adams summed it up very nicely.

Bad things happen to good people. That is what we hear. Lets not dwell on the negative but shout about the positives. Does anyone out there have a good, great or even wonderful experience from the Rally? If so let hear about it.

Herman Mullins

Southern Region VP

Six-State Rally Association

Yes I had a great time at the rally and even join a new chapter in my area. That chapter is having a rally this coming September and I'm going to it. I'm also aware of another chapter I want to join and will be in contact with them soon thanks to Redmond for both. All of my neighbors there far and wide was very nice and my wife and I had great conversation with many of them. BTW the picture at the bottom is from Redmond and I did wipe it down but the wheels is dull from driving through a monsoon to get there on route 26.

Roadmaster check my tow bar and deemed it worn out. Since it was and old model with no parts available for it (Eagle 8000) they took the old one in trade to quote "Get it off the road". I also got a 10 sensor tire pressure monitor system for better price than at Camping World thanks to tireman and a vendor. We got a quote for a remodel for the bedroom to add another closet and drawers since we had the room. I am also aware of a replacement fan blade on the direct drive diesel pusher I have that more quiet and robs less HP. Thanks to similars at Redmond I learn alot. One of the nightly entertainment I really enjoyed.

This was well worth the money for this rally and I will attend another one. I know Bend, OR has one next year. My wife also has to return a stuff bear then. :lol: