Sign in to follow this  
TexasSkunk

Allegro Bay FRED 12VDC 30A Circuit Breaker Tripping

I have a 2007 Allegro Bay 37 QDB FRED. In the service bay just in front of the door there is a 12VDC 30A breaker labeled " Battery Fuse Block Breaker". One input wire and three output wires. This breaker provides power to the non-ignition controlled fused outputs located in the dash fuse block and to the dash mounted AC fan.

All is good until I turn the dash AC fan on high. A few minutes later this breaker trips. No problem running the fan on low-medium, just when I set to high. Then its "pull over, open the bay and reset the breaker by pushing the little black buttons on the end". This is South Central Texas! I need to be able to run the fan on high!

Is this breaker defective and tripping too soon? (As it runs for a while it obviously is not a short) or do I need to split the output load with 2 20A breakers or replace it with a 40Amp?

All constructiveblush.gif input appreciated!

Is it possible to bypass the breaker with a 5 amp fused link directly to the fan? Low and medium speeds us step down resistors to reduce the speed of the motor, high is direct, and sounds like just too much load for the breaker. Not saying the breaker may be weakened because of age, but it is possible. I would not increase with a larger one.

Check to make sure that the breaker is still within spec and check to see if the blower is within spec. If you have to replace the breaker, get one that resets itself.

TexasSkunk, The other possibility is the evaporator cooling fan is defective, that would overload the 30 amp circuit. It only runs when the AC is operating.

Rich.