WJRyan

Portable Satellite Dish

I'm looking for a portable satellite dish that will work with dish network Consumer Reports has nothing to say so I'm wondering if there is a rating service out there.

I'm sure others will come along shortly with suggestions.

I'm a DISH Network user. I take the VIP-722 from the house into the MH when we travel. I was tired of the trouble it took to set up an open face portable satellite antenna. I went to the Winegard Carryout. Granted it will receive only one satellite at a time so the full functionality of the receiver is missing, but we watch the same programming so not much of a hassle.

Winegard has a newer model, called the Anser that receives all of the DISH programming via one satellite. That should restore the full functionality of the receiver. None of this includes "local" programming which is a spot beam and will be lost after about 250 miles away from home - give or take.

I'm seriously looking into installing the Winegard traveler antenna on the roof. It is open faced and will receive all the satellites and give me full functionality of the receiver.

I use the Winegard Answer, it very easy to set up, but takes up a little more room than the carryout. I use a dvr in the mh, and hook up two coax's on my direct tv. The Answer does favor dish network, as it will track their signal first.

Portable where you do all the work (cheap), a portable automatic antenna that you can throw on the ground (more expensive) or just mobile automatic that would be roof mounted (expensive)?

What are you looking for?

Middle ground cheap starts here but you have to do all of the work.

http://www.tv4rv.com/sunshop/

We have used the carry out for years and has worked fine. We now have a traveler which is great, but we are keeping the carry out for when the trees are in the way.