grammady

Albuquerque Balloon Festival 2014

Question

I understand there is still Standard RV Parking for $30 available. I have never been. Was thinking about going Fri Oct 3 leaving Fri Oct 10.

I have kind of a bad knee that acts up every so often. I understand there is a Shuttle? Has anyone stayed in the Standard RV area? Do you know how big it is and where the shuttle stops are? Can you see any of the balloons when launched from this area?

Any advise on this event? Seems Mon & Tues & Wed have lots of free time... any "must do's" for the area... I have a tow car. I will be by myself ... just an old gramma checking off the bucket list.

Oh I'll be coming from Bakersfield on I-40 where to stop overnite, last gas/water before Albuquerque, have 35' Class A with tow car. Also will need to have an overnite in Albq (or near) on Oct. 2nd Thurs.

Thanks for the info...

Dy

Northern Calif.

2 answers to this question

The standard RV camping is fine. No hookups where we stayed but the shuttle buses run by every 20-30 minutes along the perimeter of the camping area. Very reliable and a convenient 10-15 minutes to the balloon launch field. We would do this again.

Don

Hi Grammady:

We're also headed to the Balloon Fiesta in Oct. Will be there the last weekend 10th thru 13th and have already made reservations at the Fiesta grounds. We actually got a site with water & 30 amp electric. No sewer. I was told to order my tickets on the Internet, as it saves time and eliminiates standing in long lines.

Have Fun and travel safe.

Washtech