Sign in to follow this  
bizsmith@yahoo.com

Mail Forwarding Service

It would have been nice if FMCA would have had some notification that the mail forwarding service had been discontinued. Instead all I got was a check with the description MAIL FORWARDING REFUND with no further explanation. It is my understanding that the mail forwarding employees Were not given any warning either with no opportunity to transfer to the service that FMCA seems to recommend.

I know I saw notices on this forum but since I do not use the service I am not sure what information was provided directly to users.

There may have been notices on the forum but I do not read every topic and to me it would have been common courtesy to notify the users in some way besides a check for a refund with no other explanation. We have arranged with our neighbors to provide our own private forwarding service.

There were also notices displayed on the FMCA club web site. I do not go to the site often, but did see the notice. I believe there was also a discussion and posting in the forum. Perhaps the admins felt this was enough of a notice to those using the service.

For those who are FT or do not have neighbors or family that wish to assume the responsibility of mail forwarding, there are several respectable services to use. Escapees also have a service with offices in Texas and Florida.

Notification was given to current subscribers of the mail forwarding service. Some subscribers had not used the service for over one year and were given notification that their boxes were being closed and that a refund of the balance of their postage account was being processed.

The decision to oursource the mail forwarding service was not taken lightly by FMCA's executive board. The total membership has financially supported FMCA’s mail forwarding service for 1,000 subscribers for several years, with annual expenses exceeding revenues for this service by approximately $70,000. Raising the monthly charge to make up this difference would have resulted in a further decline in subscribers to this service.

DakotaPost, formerly known as Alternative Resources, was selected as the preferred provider for mail forwarding services due to their willingness to maintain the current program with our current subscribers for one year, and then the assurance that the monthly fee would increase no greater than 25 cents in year two and an additional 25 cents in year three. In visiting their offices, I found the leadership and the staff to share a similar philosophy of the importance of FMCA and the commitment to provide outstanding customer service to the membership.

The mail forwarding staff in Cincinnati were offered other positions in the company. Two have decided to remain on; one decided to retire; one part-time employee is considering our desire to have her remain with us working with membership; and one part-time employee wanted to seek a position where she can remain active (not a desk job). While FMCA may be considered a “business,” we very much are a family, as well. All of our employees are valued members of the FMCA family.

Our beloved FMAC is in the process of Changing and up dating the computer system. As we all know when such a change happens thing are missed, put in the wrong area or just plain get dropped. Please understand it was not intentional. One thing that can help is to advise them when you see an error and they will find and correct the problem area.

As Jerry stated they tried their best to inform members of the change. Please be patient, they are doing everything possible to help the members.

Herman Mullins

Six-State Rally Association

Southern Region V. P.

Well darn, I was on this site looking who to contact as this will be our first winter being a snowbird. In the most recent FMCA magazine one of the benefits lists mail forwarding - guess that needs to be updated!

BlairsBounder,

If it hasn't been said before, Welcome to the Forum.

With the Family Motor Magazine, and all monthly publication, they are to the printer 60 days before release. Therefore any changes will not be reflected until several months after the changes are made. FMCA does try their very best to keep the membership informed as quickly as possible of any change on the website. FMCA Headquarters has some great folks doing a great job for you. If you get a chance to call them and say thanks it would make them feel that they are doing their jobs.

Herman Mullins

Southern Region Vice President

South Central Area

Six-State Rally association

FMCA still has mail forwarding which has been outsourced to a company that has been in business for several years. Someone had posted that the company had only been in business for about a year, which wasn't true. They did change their name, but it is still a very good company.