Mikefpt

MICE!

I've heard the Irish Spring soap works. Also was told after it seems to lose it's scent, you can rejuvenate it by putting in a baggy for a few days, then re-use. I've cut up a bar and put pieces in corners, etc. Also, the peppermint but you must use peppermint oil; buy it at a health food store that carries essential oils. Makes the motorhome smell very good but needs to be replenished regularly. I put it on cotton pads. I've tried all these things but,nonetheless, we've had critters get inside.

Stuff steel wool into any openings that have any open space, such as wiring and plumbing voids. Also peanut butter on glue boards placed in compartments will help to catch them.

I heard you can bounce them out with dryer sheets. :lol: What I did when I had a mouse is install one of my cats overnight. That mouse was so scared it went into hiding in one of the cabinets and died of starvation.

I used two entire boxes of drier sheets spread in every drawer and in every cabinet plus I place a trap in all basement areas with peanutbutter and cheese mix. Caught two in the basement had no indications of any inside above the basement area.

I also washed the entire interior down with strong disinfectant to erase any living we did before last winter, all was good!

Oil of peppermint on gauze pads helps (not a cure all). Be sure it is oil of peppermint and not just the peppermint extract you find in spice racks. Oil of peppermint lasts a lot longer. My dog even sneezes when we go back in after even a month.

I feel peppermint is as effective as moth balls and is much more pleasant for humans.

We use traps, D-Con and whatever else helps to cover all bases. There is not just one fix.

Two words: moth balls. Keeps ants out, flies, mosquitoes, lizards, spiders, and most certainly mice. Place them in your cargo bays and the water bay where they most likely enter. Buy them in a net bag and place them in the roadside electric bay and even in the generator slide. The coach might smell like an old-person [LOL] but no more unwanted annoying critters.

When all else fails contact Hanna-Barbara in Hollywood. I under stand they have a cat named Tom that is out of work. He is not too good at catching a mouse but is really fun watching him try.

Herman