Sign in to follow this  
TRVL42

SK-3005 with GENIE

We have a Model SK-3005 DirectTV Slimline TRAV’LER Automatic Multi-Satellite TV Antenna Reflector (SLSK4NRO-01) on our motor home. We have a Genie HD-DVR HR44 installed in our stick & brick home and the Direct TV Reflector is SL5S4NRS-01. Get a SWM not detected error message when I try to install on the motor home. I understand they make a Kit for converting to make the Genie work with the SK-3005. Has anyone tried to install the Genie on their motor home? What equipment do I really need? What is the best way to install. Can I use the power inserter that goes with the genie?

R/Gary Martin

Yes, you can convert your older Trav'ler to the new SWM technology. You will need a SWM8 switch, a PI29 power insterter (not the PI25 you have at home) and possibly a SWM splitter is you want to use the Genie plus a client in another room.

You can find all the information you need on the Winegard website:

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452242.pdf

The SWM8 switch will be mounted on the roof right beside the Trav'ler and you will be able to use the existing wiring running into the coach so you don't have to open the roof or run more wires inside unless you want a client where a receiver does not currently exist.