Sign in to follow this  
obedb

Windshield Wipers

I replaced the switch, but the wipers still won't run except when the washer button is pressed. Fuse is good. Perhaps there is a second one? 2003 Phaeton. Could use some trouble shooting ideas. Access is probably not easy for a do it yourselfer.

ObedB,Could you post who's switch you install and a part number so I can look for any wiring information that might help.

I will go through my files and see if I have any wiring info. on file for your coach.

Rich.

The parts man told me the vendors name, but I can't remember. There is a large capital R on the switch and the name DENSO on the invoice. The switch has number 1395457 on it.

Thanks Rich for the quick offer to help.

ObedB,

Contact Denso (248) 350-7500 and see if you need the listed adapter.

Harness Adapter 059340-4041

Do you have a 5 or 4 wire connection on your wiper motor?

They supply 2 different wiper control switches-number 550597-9010 and 550597-9020. The part numbers may have changed as your number does not match the information I have and I do not have any wiring information for your wiper circuit.

Rich.

Thanks Rich for the help. Turns out the switch was not bad. It has 6 wires by the way. I dug through the wiring harness and the adjacent wires also. Gets kinda bundled up under there. I found a butt connector that didn't belong in undisturbed wiring. Pulled on it and one end fell out. Put a new one on just in case. The wipers work now. Anyone looking for a switch from a Phaeton in the early 2000's? I have $68 plus freight invested. Just kidding. Who is gonna need it? Probably not a high failure item. I am the second owner. Who knows?