Sign in to follow this  
edandersson

Check Out This RV Park In Colorado!

If your Class A motorhome measures 30-feet or more, and is less than 10-years old, visit Mountain Views at River's Edge RV Park in Creede, CO. Outstanding mountain/alpine views and situated along the Rio Grande River, it doesn't get much better than this! We've hit RV parks and campgrounds from Maine to California and never found one more awesome than this one! Opens May 1st, closes September 30th. Make your reservations early...Bring your fly rod and camera!

I avoid Class A only parks like the plague. Even though I own one, I don't want to mix with the group of folks that think they are so superior that they need this kind of exclusivity.

I don't mean to "dis" the park itself for doing what they do, I just would not visit unless there was absolutely no other choice within 40-50 miles.

I was there in 2013. It's a large park, that takes class A, B, C, 5th wheel and pull behinds any age and size!

In 2011, they started a private lot section along the river, that is the one that edandersson is referring to. So, Bill go

check it out.

I learned a long time ago, "never judge a book, by it's cover"! Creed is very beautiful and has lot's off things to do! I do

not, as a general rule, stay in the 10 years RV parks. However, it does happen if I'm there to see or enjoy something and the other

parks cant take a 45'! New England and the Key's come to mind, also Glacier intranational park.

Carl C.

Glad to know that they are open minded, many parks do have sections that is set aside for the newer ones, and I think this is a great idea. Just remember the 20 year old ones were less than 10 years also. As we were also!

I’ve stayed in a few Big Rig Parks but never in a Class A Only Park.

I find the Big Rig Parks have room for my 43 footer and room to make the turns into the camp site (I tend to bump into stuff).

I’ve also stayed in the 55 and over parks but I see no reason to stay at a park that excludes older RV’s.

I like to see all kinds of RV’s scattered through the park. Always make my evening walks interesting.

Having had two 10+ year old coaches (1993 Foretravel and 1997 Safari Sahara) I guess I have a slightly different perspective.

Were I the owner of a CG, I would probably have the policy of a 10 year rule with older rigs OK if in good condition. We have been at several parks with exactly this policy and have never had an issue. They look out the window, it is on good shape, no problem.

Are there some older very rough coaches that this would exclude-- yes. Look on Craig's list anywhere in the country for a number of under $5000 Class A's. Here is one this morning on our local Craig's list: http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/4656557974.html

When the 10 year, class A only rule first came out, I knew they where shooting themselves in the foot (bank account)!There was then and even more today, class C, Totters, 5th wheel, trailers and custom coaches that I would love to have next to me.The length thing is also dumb! Brett is right on again...ck the unit out first, then make a decision. My Atty. in Texas, bought a Class A lot in one of CO. most exclusive resort parks, outside Colorado Springs. The owners had enough sense to think outside the box...it's a 53' pull behind, $4,300,000 trailer! 2 stories, 4 full wall slides. Freightliner delivers and picks it up. Would you turn away a Revcon or GMC in perfect restored condition? Just because it's not 30'+! I do agree that there are also units that should be junked a long time ago and they prevent the park from being what it should be. Or the park that has a lot of traveling construction workers...you don't know until you pull in, then I stay the night and move on.

Carl C.