Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Banks Power Pack's Affect on Transmission

This has been on my mind. If I go with a Banks system, it will add more horsepower and, I hope, torque.

I'm not concerned too much about MPG. My concern is directed to the transmission.

Will the Allison 3000 have to be reprogrammed? What else could the Banks adversely affect?

Carl C.
2010 AMC Tradition 45'
425 Cummins
Toad=13' Jeep Wrangler 2 door.

Carl,

Allison would be the best source for that information: 800 252 5283

Having your transmission serial number handy would be a good idea.

The transmission serial number is on the driver's side of the transmission-- yes under the coach.

But, your chassis maker will also have a record of all the main components used on your chassis. A VERY good document to get a copy of.

Which Banks tuner are you looking at? Like Brett said your chassis maker should have the serial number. If you need to get under the coach it isn't that bad use your phone to take pictures it is easier than trying to copy them down.

Bill

WildBill, when I was much younger and I still had lubrication in my joints, I would give it a try! But, now I'm 71 and still 6'8" tall, I can get down, anybody can fall down, it's the getting back up that's a problem! I like Brett's idea better....

Carl C.

My cousin has an American Eagle with the Banks. His system will turn down the boost before the shift, then after the shift it turns back up the boost. I may be over simplifiing it but there are two computers that are being controlled, one for the engine and one for the transmission to prevent shifting with enough torque to hurt the tranny. This is how it was explained to me.

He actually had the system installed by taking it to the factory and had in installed there so that it would not void his warranty on the coach.