manholt

Choosing the year only, on your user profile, is not an option on this board. If you enter a birth date at all, the month and day are required. Perhaps it's because birthdays are pulled into the community calendar.

It seems that most users opt to select the month and day of birth, rather than disclose their year.

Will be 72 in Feb. 15'....feel 50 with a couple of pains, so what? Bet 70% of users are 60+!

How do I add the below info to my posts? Getting tired of typing...lol

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'

13' Jeep Wrangler

Carl,

To change your signature:

Scroll over your user name in the upper right of this screen.

Click on "My Settings".

On the left side, click on "Signature".

Edit, then click "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Well Brett, guess I'm a computer dummy...I still don't see on the bottom of page "name, type of RV, tow, etc."! How did you get all your info to show up in light blue at end off a posting?

Carl C.

Carl C.

Click on your name that is on the top right banner.

Click on MY SETTINGS

Click on SIGNATURE

Scroll down to the dialogue box and type your name and any other info you want to show in your signature.

Lastly and most important...at the bottom of the dialogue box click SAVE CHANGES.

Hope this helps.

I don't understand why people are complaining about having to enter their birthdate in their profile.

Probably 90% of people who read these forums are 60 years old or older. Some of us are beyond 70 years old and I imagine there might even be some motor homers in their 80's. I am 77 and proud of it.

Some of the things that I have done, I am lucky to have made it this far...and I have a long way to go!

I have been trying to figure out how someone can use your birthday to do you any harm.

Personally, I feel a little more friendly toward someone who lets me know his age...that way I can maybe

identify with him a little better.

When I see a profile with no age on it, I assume that that person is older than Methuselah, hunchbacked,

wrinkled, bowlegged, ugly as sin and is embarrassed to have lived too long.

I don't understand why people are complaining about having to enter their birthdate in their profile.

I have been trying to figure out how someone can use your birthday to do you any harm.

There are sophisticated computer programs that harvest this sort of information. A birthdate here, a city here, a state there, a street someplace else, etc. Did you know, when you post a phone number and/or email address, it is very easy to harvest that information. Have you noticed some posters will post their phone number in this format - one, 2, three, 1, two, etc or email address joe schmo at fmca dot net?

Ok, I have tried every option except for "Gravatar" (Not interested) and I still cannot upload a picture to my profile. Any advice?

I am having problems changing my Profile. Right now the "Travel" item requires the selection of "with children" or "with pets" or "Full time".

We do not travel with children or pets nor do we travel full time.

On Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 6:20 AM, manholt said:

Brett. In order to post my DOB, I can not use just the year! Why must I leave my month and day also?

Carl C.

What's wrong won't it take BC? 😂

Herman 

Regarding the Travel options under the profile, we have had an administrator add the option for "Part TIme". (At the time of this writing, it appears some interested users have already found it.)

Please note for future reference that these options under the Travel section of the profile are not required: you may leave that selection blank if you feel that none of the options apply or if you would prefer this annotation to not appear under your user name.

Regarding the birth date, I also believe that this information is optional: please see my attached screenshot in which I have chosen to not disclose any part of my birth date at all.

59511547d9bca_BirthdateOptional.png.ccc0268bbcdd4728805ecd8c768683d0.png

It is also possible to submit a partial birth date by supplying the Month and the Day but not the year, as follows:

PartialBirthdate.png.5656d09a49a9090c796f260bda2f3245.png

YearNotDisclosed.png.b5451dd091ad2dd587c183f9385b35c6.png

However, it appears that it is not possible to submit only the year of your birth alone in this way.

Sorry, I just responded to Carl's post from three years ago, September 28, 2014😮

It also will not take Roman Numerals. 😊

Pay back, for yesterday's text, is heck.

Herman 

So now I have a question...

Why don't the signatures appear in any of the above posts?  Have I turned them off somehow?  If so, how do I turn them back on?  I can't see a signature for anyone in any discussion on the forum right now.

OK that's three questions...