Sign in to follow this  
rick.stanley

Itasca 35F TV Access

We are out on our first trip with our new Itasca 35F and i am having a issue with the satellite TV system. The portable G2 antenna and DirecTV receiver are working correctly as the outside TV has a perfect picture. However the inside main TV has a picture but only in "grey" and "green". No other colors are coming over from the receiver. I've checked the signal splitter video distribution box and the connections are correct. Even tried other outputs and all works OK. My problem appears to be in the cable between the distribution box and the main TV. I would like to check behind the TV to see if the connections are OK before looking for a broken cable but can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the back of the TV. Anyone done this before and if so, how did you get it out from the wall? Any help would be much appreciated.

Rick,

Welcome to the Forum.

"Our new Itasca 35F", is the coach a brand new coach or just new to you? If brand new I would return it to the Dealer because any thing that you may do might cancel/void your warranty. If it is an older but new to you then that is different. Where is your TV located? If it is in a cabinet look for several wooden plugs around the frame. Carefully remove the plugs and remove the screws holding the frame to the cabinet. The TV should be held in with clips of some kind. Have help to remove the TV because some are really heavy weights.

Good luck,

Herman

It's a new 2014 unit. The TV in question is mounted on a steel plate mounted to the wall behind the TV in the middle of the coach. I cannot see how to get it out in order to get to the back connections. Our old RV had the wood trim with plugs and clips but this is not like that. Sat TV color is main issue I would like to check connections on in the back of the TV, however I would also like to hookup a soundbar and need access to do that also. Has to be a way to get to those cables back there but not seeing it myself.

I had a TV that had colors like that and turned out to be the TV itself. I would take it back to the dealer if I was you.

Update: After 3 weeks in the shop at the dealer, they determined the TV was bad and replaced it. We took our RV home and that same afternoon tried to set the auto channel selection up on it. Worked for maybe 10 seconds and stopped. Called TV tech support line and after a few attempted troubleshooting steps was told it was "bad" and needed to be replaced......again. Back to the dealer we go. They did change the mounting out so at least I know how to get to the back now to hook up a sound bar, if and when we ever get a working TV.

We wait.

Final update: Did some troubleshooting and found a "bad" cable to the main TV from the sat receiver. Came from the factory that way. Dealer confirmed it and installed a new one. System works really well now. Also got the tech to show me how to get to the back of the TV so all is good now.