Sign in to follow this  
wayne77590

Blue Ox KarGard II

Back in September of 2013, I purchased a KarGard II tow protection screen. It was a short time later that it started to tear at the seam on the tow bar side. I took pictures and contacted Blue Ox. I also informed them that I was going on an extended trip.

Well, we returned last month and I contacted Blue Ox. A few email correspondences and yesterday a new screen arrived. I have an RMA for FedEx to return the torn screen.

Thank you Blue Ox, you are surely living up to your reputation for good service. Oh, and I have your Base Plate for my 2013 Lincoln MKX and your Aventa II tow bar. All good products.

Was wondering if you have had any further problems with your Blue Ox KarGard II cover and does it work well to keep your toad clean and is such a cover necessary. How many other people use something like this to protect and keep there toad clean?

I have not had any other problems with the Kar Gard II. Apparently there was a manufacture flaw in the 1st one that caused it to tear. The Kar Gard will not keep the vehcile from getting dirty. Dust is to fine a particle not to go through the screening. My real reason for purcasing was not to keep the car clean but to protect against things that can be kicked up like rocks and debris. It does a good job o that. Besides, dust swirls around and will settle on the car and I don't think there is anything that will keep the car clean..

Good point Wayne.

I have a sure fired way to keep your tow vehicle clean. Wash and wax it, put it in the garage, put a cover over it and leave it home. :o

Your tow vehicle is just like one of your kids. If it is raining it and they are going to get dirty. But at least with a kid they can be put in the tub.

Herman

Ah, but they are like a kid, the bathtub is a car wash!

Last trip (this one) we left home and drove to SA, TX and I still have not washed it. didn't need to. Last 3 days of rain took care of it.

I purchased a Blue Ox KarGard II and when I went to install it the problem it rests on the exhaust, even though it is a downturn like they recommend. Any suggestions? I have e-mailed Blue Ox and awaiting their reply. The instructions are horrible but I figured it out. It is just not tall enough to clear the exhaust. The 4" extensions to the receiver are only rated at 3,500# from Curt and Reese. I'm towing a 2015 F-150 at 4,600#. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chuck