cmarq

Power Gear Slide Motor Rebuild

Does anyone know if Power gear slide out motors can be rebuilt? I have a 2003 Pace Arrow 37A the living room slide is a flush floor. Coming in has always been slow now it stops just as the floor starts to lift. A slight push outside and it will come in fine. All adjustments are in spec, Batt is good engine running, shore power plugged in, voltage at motor leads is good. Control module and breaker are new. Compartments were emptied no change. Dealer tech says time to replace motor. Also track was cleaned and lubed with dry lube for slides. I would like to try and have it rebuilt at a local auto electric shop vs $600.00 for new assembly. Has anyone heard of rebuilding one?

cmarq.

Never had a Power Gear motor rebuilt, but have been able to get the hydraulic drive motors rebuilt.

The real question is, do you have a motor shop in your area or even a good starter repair shop that might be willing to try!

Just need some one that can give it a good cleaning, clean the armature, some new bushes and willing to work on it.

Rich.

I live near Birmingham, Al., B&D electric rebuilds all of my motors, and I have many rebuilt within a year. I will call Monday, and get the shipping address for you, and also ask if they are willing to work on. Most likely will be yes as I am in the electronic field and use many kinds and voltages of motors.

Kay

Thanks for the replies. It was the gearbox. One of the needle bearings failed letting the gear wobble, wore into the housing and damaged teeth on the larger gear.

I have been searching the Internet and all the salvage yards.

It looks like I am stuck with ordering from Fleetwood @$563.00 plus shipping.

Power gear makes it very difficult to find the right one.

I did have a small bit of luck when I went to order it from Fleetwood on Allied Rec, web site they offered a higher power unit for $523 plus shipping. It requires a 2x2 inch notch in the body frame which was no big deal. What a difference in the way the slide comes in now. No slow down as it starts to lift as it comes in. I had found a used one also, but with no warranty if it didn't fit or work I didn't want to gamble.

I have a slow moving slide now on our 2004 HR Neptune. Bedroom slide is fine, but the larger living room slide is slow. I put a wrench on the rod in the bay and help it when my wife pushes the in or out on the slide.

Can these Power Gear motors be rebuilt? Thanks for any help.

Bruce

Brucehoven,

I did a lot of research and only found a couple of local shops that would look at the motor and if it were just minor repairs they would do it. Mine turned out to be the gear box which was beyond repair, There are no parts available for Powergear you must buy the whole assembly.

I spent many hours searching the net, the mfg of motors and gear boxes for power gear will not sell to anyone. You might want to check the circuit breaker on the controller mine was mounted behind the electrical panel. It is a 12volt automotive style breaker (self resetting) the bedroom and living room slides controllers are the same. My bedroom slide used a 15 amp breaker and living room was a 25 amp.. Over time they do get weak a $5.00 fix.

You can find power gear manual on line. I ran a 10 gauge pos and neg wire from my batteries to the motor one way will run it out reverse leads to pull in if it works fine your motor is ok. When I did that to mine I could hear the gears grinding. If youneed a new unit get the numbers off the old unit, There are many for sale on the net from ebay to salvage yards. You must get te right one. I ended up going to Fleetwood for a new one $525.00. It was a upgrade to my old one with higher torque.

I have a flush floor and now it comes up and in with no stopping. If you need any more info pm me.

Good luck!