olddoggie

FMCA Member ID Plaque Mounting

Just arrived with my membership kit are two member ID plaques.

How and in what acceptable locations do they get mounted to my MH??

I guess one in front and one on the rear, but just were is my question. Do you rivet, bolt, glue, double sided tape or plastic tie???

Thanks, Just Another Old Doggy, Don

post-42766-0-23541700-1413009653_thumb.j

olddoggie,

Welcome to the Forum and to FMCA.

Folks have many unique ways to mount their plaques. and you mentioned most of them. At most RV Supply locations you can get a kit to mount the rear one to your ladder. Some folks use the two sided tape and or mount them with screws. I took my plaque to my local Fast Sign store and had Bumper like stickers made. They mount just like bumper sticker. I had one that would stick on the rear and one made that would stick to the inside of the windshield. This way I did not have to drill holes in my coach.

Adhere it how you would like and be proud that you have joined a wonderful Family.

PS, Look for a chapter to join and make new and great friends.

Herman

I drilled two holes in a rear access door and used stainless screws with stainless lock nuts. Works great and have no problems with the mount. I have not mounted anything on the front.

Mine are also screwed to the front bumper alongside the license plate area, and to the rear access engine door with license plate type bolts. Works well for me. They were already there by previous owner.

I used zip ties for a number of years, black seem to have some UV protection, but will still break down.

I have multiple tags on rear ladder.

I have mounted mine to ladder.

I still has some room for foot on rung.

A good friend of ours, Fred Kennedy, a past National South Central Area Vice President, says to mount with screws directly to the coach. He say that the next owner will want to cover up the holes and faded area so he will have to join FMCA so he can mount his plaque to cover this area. That amounts to covering the holes and a new member at the same time.

Herman

Mine is on the ladder, secured with two plastic loops (one on each side), 1" in diameter with holes at each end that are secured on each side of the tag.

Kiley Mold makes a ladder mount that allows removal when using the ladder and a non-destructive mounting option the rest of the time. Wire ties can certainly work on the ladder as well but leave room for you foot to get into the step. I am not a fan of a mount to the coach painted or gel coat surface as removal will leave an obvious mark or oval shape where it was mounted. I do like the Fast Signs option if you must attach something to your coach but I am more a fan of simply putting one sign in one of the windows (on the inside) which leaves no marks in the future.

I use black zip ties. One mounted on the ladder in the rear, and, as I have a gas coach, I mounted the front one with zip ties in the front using the slots for the air intake for the radiator. Had it like this for 10 years on my first coach, and now three years on this one, and no problems at all.

Like Bill, I use the Kiley Mold brackets on the ladder, but I mounted ine so they extend to the back of the ladder and it doesn't have to be moved or stepped over to go up the ladder

For the front, I use suction cups in the lower passenger side of the windshield. Doesn't restrict my vision when driving.

Typically the first thing I look at walking around a park is the windshield area. Just looking for sings of life I guess, then just see signs or pets hanging out on the dash.

When we bought our coach about 8 years ago, it came with the FMCA 206229 goose egg on the back door. The PO had done a great job of mounting it on the rear engine grill.

After we repainted the rig, we removed the old goose egg and simply mounted FMCA 407500 in its place. It looks like it has always been there.

I've sometimes wondered about somehow letting FMCA member 206229 know that their coach is still being babied and appreciated, but a lot of years have gone by.

post-7509-0-90392000-1419906062_thumb.jp

post-7509-0-05837100-1419906158_thumb.jp

Jim

Hi all...

This thread is a bit old, however, I recently received my goose egg plaques (449297) from Kiley Mold, and thought I'd post a picture of my rear ladder mounting effort on my Monaco Cayman. 

Eddie

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Looking good. I also have mine back there and I use clear suction cups, real small for the front windshield on passenger side of coach. Works well for the front.

We use the Kiley Mold brackets on the ladder.  Also use these brackets to mount others.

You might be able to guess, we are Nascar fans..

20161120_111935.jpg

I think that's what I'm going to have to do with mine, Don.  The Kiley ladder mounts don't work with my ladder.  In the front, I have it suction cupped to the windshield.

I made a mistake and used double stick tape on the bumper.  It gets hidden by the toad.  If I can get it off I'll move to the ladder.20160911_184204.jpg

The double stick tape can be cut using a sharp knife long enough to cut between the bumper and the plaque, Walmart and other box stores sells a product named Goof-Off (maybe Goop-Off) that will not harm the paint but when applied by directions will make easy removal of the remaining residue.  

I good way to remove items secured with two sided tape is either fishing line or dental floss. Wrap each end around each hand and pull the floss or between the plate and the other surface.  It my take a sawing action but it will work.

Been there, done thatand got the Tee Shirt.

Herman