MadHungarian

Norcold Model 962 Fridge - Won't Go To DC Mode

We just got back from vacation, and during our trip we discovered that our Norcold fridge will not operate on 12 volts. Works fine on LP and AC, but will not work off the house battery. I pulled the cover off the back of the fridge today and did some testing with my multimeter. I have AC and DC to the board. The 5 volt control fuse is not blown, and I have control power at the front panel display - the panel is operational and self-diagnoses. I'm suspecting that the board may have laid down on us for some silly reason, as the unit used to work fine in all modes. I checked the Norcold recalls and this unit isn't listed. Anyone have a similar issue with a 900 series Norcold? Need to get this thing working on house / vehicle power to keep our burgers and bee...ummm, "cool, refreshing beverages" cold when we go to Bowling Green this weekend..... :rolleyes:

Haven't seen any type actually run on 12 volt in years, as dd69 said. If it does in fact have 12 volt mode, suspect the 12 volt heating element has gone bad, it will be a different element than the ac one. Quick solution is to put the 120 volt cord into a 12 to 120 volt inverter, and run the fridge on ac mode while you need to be on 12 volt.

Mine USED to work on DC while we were traveling, but suddenly quit working. Thanks for the download kayp - appreciate it.

Been in touch with the Dinosaur Electronics people - gonna try to get off early tomorrow so we can do some diagnostics over the phone......