Sign in to follow this  
edjfeb

Newmar Dutch Star Headlight Assembly

edjfeb,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

There are numbers molded into the lenses that you can use when looking for replacements

So, if your lenses are missing, list the make and model of your 1999 diesel pusher and the members of the forum that own the same make and model year might be able to supply you information on the lenses you need.

Rich.

Lost the turn signal lens and looking for companies that sell replacements. Anybody have any ideas.

The coach is a 1999 38 diesel pusher.

Welcome to the forum. You say lens as in singular.

Get the numbers off the other one and do a Google search and see who made it.

You will get better responses if you put the basic info in your signature.

Bill

I recently purchased a 2007 Nemar Dutch Star DP.  I brought it home in the dark and needed the headlights.  The only headlights that would work were the high beam.  Where is the fuse for the heads low beam located?

Joyce,

Welcome to the Forum.

IMHO there are two places to look, as mentioned before your Low Beam Bulbs may be burnt out, Or your hi/low beam selector switch (on the steering column) may be bad.

That being said, look for your fuses in the Electrical Panel in the compartment on the drivers side just in front of the front wheel. That is where the majority of coaches have their fuses. That being said in some coaches they put fuses in odd and hard to find places :huh: and it is anyone guess as to where they might be.

Good luck and lit us know how it works out for you.

Merry Christmas,

Herman 

Before assuming BOTH low beam headlights went bad, I would check for power to them.

With a wiring diagram from Newmar, trace out where they get power-- very possibly a RELAY is involved. 

On my Dutch Star there are two areas where the fuses are located . 

1 on top of the dash in front of the steering wheel there is a compartment panel just lift it up and the fuses and relays are located

2. The front end area where the generator is located there is a fuse panel on the firewall with a clear panel is clipped 

Hope this helps

Michael

On 12/19/2017 at 9:00 AM, manholt said:

I would be back at the dealer!  Newmar and dealers problem on warranty! :rolleyes:

Glad you found out it was only the bulbs burned out. Or were you able to use that 19 year old warranty??  :P

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, manholt said:

Hi. Michael,  Off subject, you going to Perry or Shawnee?

Jolly Christmas to you and Donna

Carl,

We'll be going to Shawnee I'm the show coach Captain or at least I was at Texarkana .

Merry Christmas to You