sangelucci

Shower Leak

Am looking for help in locating the source of a leak. Midway through a shower, we noticed that water is coming out of the wheel well on the passenger side of our 2009 Monaco Monarch. Have checked under the shower pan and see no sign of water and have taken the faucet off and did not see any sign of water there but it's obvious it's coming from a water line behind the shower wall which we have no access to. Has anyone experienced this and could you give me a hint what it could possibly be. I know we need to get it to a shop for repair but we are not near any major cities until later this week. Thanks for any insight you can give!!

Sound more like the drain as water pressure line would always have a leak when pump is on or hooked to faucet. One idea is to fill a bucket and pour into shower pan and if it leaks without water turned on then you found it. If not the next step is to splash the wall with water.

Thanks Huffypuff -- will try what you suggest. Husband did put some sealant around the shower stall tonight and will try pouring water in the pan and over the walls tomorrow. Appreciate your help!!

Thanks DD69...we are still working on it....not much luck so far but he's at the pan now and investigating :). He's also taken everything apart that he can get to and next he's going under the RV. This may be a 911 call yet ....

Well, we found a temporary fix. For some reason, the Oxygenics shower head contributed to the issue. Not sure how...perplexed. But we put the original shower head back on and there hasn't been a leak so far. Again, still feel it's temporary, but for now, it's a quick fix. Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Hi. In the "old days", we had 2 problems with taking a shower, small holding tank and a 6 gallon water heater (gas). All off our shower heads had a on/off switch, you rinse and shut off water, soap up and turn on water for rinse...problem like you described would occur when the switch was placed in off mode after a shower by mistake.

Your after market shower head wouldn't have a on/off, would it?

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'

Jeep Wrangler

sangelucci,

Just a thought. The Oxygenics shower head may put a bit more back pressure on the water line than the original shower head. The line may have some small cracks and the problem shows up with more back pressure. A camping friend had a small leak in this line and it drove him nuts until a tech found the leak. A hole had to be cut in the floor to get to the line but was repaired to look good. Again just a thought, but you may want to get both the hot and cold lines checked.

Thanks for more "food for thought"....we still have a leak. Didn't leak until husband took a shower so the weight of him being in the shower had an impact that didn't show when we were just running the shower. Spoke to Monaco as well. They offered a few suggestions but nothing that helped us. We will get it in for repair as soon as we can get to an area that has an RV shop. Thanks again all!!

It appears that it's a drain issue so even more difficult for us to fix. We will just rely on campground showers until we can get it repaired. Every place we've called has given us appt dates in 2 weeks. We will make due until then to keep from doing further damage. Again, thank you all for your help!!!!

sangelucci,

Our shower has an access panel in the shower build up section. From there I can see the drain "P" trap. I can remove a panel in my kitchen cabinet where I can access the shower plumbing. I either has a leak, Good Luck.

Herman

Had a mobile RV service come look at our issue...the tech only scratched his head. He even got on top of our unit to make sure it wasn't AC related. He looked at all the areas he could access and found nothing...not even any wet spots inside on any of the wood. He is perplexed. He will talk to his boss to see if he has any ideas and will call us back on Monday to let us know if removing the shower is worth pursuing in the time we have remaining where we are. It is possible that it is a cracked drain pipe or even a crack in the tank. I'm hoping for a loose fitting :)

We had the same thing. It was the large flange nut on the drain. I had to take the rear wheels off to get to the inspection plate under the shower. It is a large nut. Loosen it, put sealant under top flange in shower & tighten nut.

Have a 2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral. Leaks from under the shower on to the carpet in the cabin. Appears to be fresh water leak and started when we filled the fresh water tank to the brim. The water pump began vibrating loudly about the same time. Pulled out all the panels and found nothing. Shower faucets dry. Area under shower dry. Tech couldn't make it leak when we got home with it, and neither have I been able to make it leak at home, where it is perfectly level in the RV bay. Is leveling the problem? Is filling the fresh water tank in a less than level situation the problem?

Kluge.  Welcome to the Forum.  Since everything around shower is dry and wet in cabin...I would take the coach to a place that can do a roof leak test. Sounds like capillary action!

Carl

Thanks, Carl. I will pass that on the my tech. It's just weird. Looking forward to visiting your great city between Christmas and New Year's. Love Galveston.