My wife and I are stuck between the Entegra Anthem vs. The Allegro Bus. We need and respect the help of those who know about the two products. I have asked several shops about quality of the Tiffin vs. Entegra and they all have said go with the Tiffin product. Truthfully, they make Bob Tiffin sound like a saint. We’re hoping to reach out and get input from others that have gone thru this process and can share your experiences (good or bad) with us. Also, information on the Spartan Chassis vs. the Power Glide Tiffin is using would be appreciated. We are hoping to get information on current models 2013 and newer. Thanks in advance for your input.

We met Bob Tiffin and Danny Inman and found them to be very sincere gentlemen, truly interested in the customer.

We were not shopping at the time because we were very happy with our 10 year old Allegro Bay. However!!! A couple weeks later we got the bug, because we saw the opportunity to update and based on how much we liked our Tiffin and how much we liked Mr. Tiffin we bought new/slightly used 6 mo. old Allegro with 1700 mi. and 5000 mi. later we love our new Tiffin.

Thanks for your input. We have been a Holiday Rambler owner for 8 years now and the wife and I are almost full timing it. We know we want a new coach or slightly used but after much research we are now stuck between Allegro Bus and Entegra Anthem. Can't seem to get anyone to comment on the Entegra product, good or bad. Were hoping we can get some more input to help us with our decision. Thanks for your input. By the way, on our recent road trip we spent some time in Myrtle Beach, what a great place.

Come back to MB soon. Carolina Pelicans Chapter is having a get together here at a campground on the intracoastal in early Dec. You could bring your new bus.

Tiffin is the older business. Entegra is newer. The owners were Newmar people and left to start their own coach business. I personally like the Tiffin better. There is not much you can change on the new Entegra. I have heard you are stuck with whatever their vision of what your coach should be.

I also had the opportunity to sit down with Bob Tiffin for almost an hour 2 years ago at Hershey. He has a very clear vision of what a coach should be. Tiffin does stand behind their products, even when the warranty has ended.

We also are looking for that MH to retire in. We were at the largest RV show in September Hersey Pa. didn't buy anything yet but really liked the Entegra the best. liked the fit and finish of all the cabinets & side radiator. You can see and service the engine from the back of the coach.

The only thing I would be concerned about is where to take the Entegra for service. There are not too many places here that work on Spartan Chassis

Our local RV dealer stopped selling Entegra said they have too many electrical issues.

I'm not sure about Tiffin either. There are too many people that I've talked to who has the Tiffin Phaton and said its been in the shop more than camping.

My second choice would be a Newmar but haven't found a floor plan that we like or in our budget.

My vote would be the Tiffin. My wife and I just took ownership of a new 2015 Allegro Bus 40SP and the fit and finish are superb.

My son and I went down to Red Bay Al. to watch the coach be built and it was a great experience. Everyone at Tiffin couldn't have been more friendly. We spent the entire week watching and learning and were permitted to walk anywhere in the complex. Tiffin is extremely committed to making the customer happy. There were many inspections during the build and if anything was found not up to their standards it was fixed or replaced. They told us to let them know if we saw anything we didn't like and they would fix it. They are a top notch company who cares about their customers..

I had a 97' Allegro 32' and no problems for the 6 years I owned it ( bought used in 2001). I got an Allegro Bus 36' new in 2011 and spent more time at Dealer and Red Bay, than camping. The plus side is that Tiffin does take care of the customer, even after the warranty period. Negative is that there seems to be no quality control during build...unless your there.

I heard that Entegra Coach was originally Travel Supreme that went bankrupt. Have friends that have Entegra Aspire and like it, most of them (6 coaches) came back from Alaska last month and reported no problems at all during their 4 month trip!

I have a Spartan chassis and get it serviced at Cummins or Freightliner and it's a very good chassis...had Power Glide on Allegro Bus and it's good also. Any large DP is going to have some problems and you can't compare a DP to gas rig.

Good Luck and let us know, please, what you got!

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'

Jeep Wrangler

We have had 4 over the years a B, a C and 2 A's all purchased used with low mileage. I have seen Endeavor 41s other posting in new v used, and would share that based on our friends who have purchased new that for all brands it seems that the customer is the quality control department. Even with our C and A's that were 6 - 12 months old with less than 5000 miles,unexpected things pop up. The dealer and manufacturer service are really the key to the experience good or bad, but at least with a slightly used unit the first round of problems have been found and corrected.

I know I'm not answering your question but would warn you that Entegra used to advertise that it's 2 years of warranty on a NEW unit was for the original owner. This led me to be cautious of buying a "gently used" Entegra. Definitely get a clarification if you want to buy a used, less than 2 year old Entegra.

Frustration: I spent about 1/2 hour answering this post and some how I lost it and never got it posted.

In a nutshell, I spent two year searching and comparing and when we were at the Redmond FMCA rally last month I carefully looked at the 2015 Tiffin Bus and the Entegra. They are very similar in quality and fit and finish. The Entegra is a step above the Phaeton so I compared it to the bus. Tiffin would not deal on price like Entegra did. The people and factory are similar in their customer service. I talked to Bob Tiffin and to Tadd Jenkins, Pres. of Jayco (Entegra) and I felt comfortable with both of them. Did a selfie with Bob Tiffin and did a 45 ft test ride with Ted. Both were very nice. We also met Ted Cook, engineer and designer of Entegra. Ted Cook designed and engineered Travel Supreme and Jayco bought Entegra about 2008. Ted Cook came to Jayco as part of the deal.

Last week both men were in Pomona, CA at an RV show and Ted Cook came up to Visalia and spent about 6 hours with us walking us through every part of the coach and corrected a couple issues we had. Would anyone at Tiffin do that. Every new coach will have a few issues after you buy it, even a new coach but the customer service after the sale means a lot. Entegra says I can take my coach to any service repair shop I have been dealing with and they will make the contact with them to handle any concerns.

Spartan chassis are used on many of the high end coaches so I'm not worried about that.

I would have been happy with either a Tiffin Bus or an Entegra Anthem but we bought the 39 foot Entegra Espire. The 42 ft Anthem is just a step above ours and we are very

happy with the 39 ft Entegra Espire for the price difference. All the cabinets are Amish built and the fit and finish is excellent. I think the Amish cabinets are in the Tiffin as well.

You will be very happy with either coach but I got a better deal from Entegra.

Good luck,

Jerry Olson

Visalia, CA

I know I'm not answering your question but would warn you that Entegra used to advertise that it's 2 years of warranty on a NEW unit was for the original owner. This led me to be cautious of buying a "gently used" Entegra. Definitely get a clarification if you want to buy a used, less than 2 year old Entegra.

Not true.

We bought a one year old Entegra two years ago. Their customer sevice emailed a change of ownership form. As second owners, we had over $12,000 in warranty repairs done. Impressive.

Trading this one in on a 2015 Entegra Anthem.

My 2 cents worth!

I think that all mid to high end DP manufacturers out there, should take notice of 2 things. We spend a lot of money on these units and we expect...QUALITY and SERVICE. :)

First of all, the Powerglide chassis is a slightly modified Spartan. I am in the market for a new coach and looked at Newmar Dutchstar, Allegro Bus, and Entegra. I would choose Allegro Bus. The Anthem was at the top of my the list, until I drove a 2012 model with only 17000 miles. It didn't drive well, had many rattles and lots of minor issues like 2 fogged windows, power shades not working correctly etc. I could see nothing but problems ahead.

I love comfort drive on the Newmar's, but feel you get the most bang for the buck chassis and house wise with the Bus. When buying any new coach look at ones that are a few years old and see how they hold up.

2008 Newmar Kountry Star