haeffele

Worst Mattress Company In The World

Like many of us, we decided to replace the factory mattress with a memory foam mattress. Unfortunately, we fell for the marketing hype of Rocky Mountain Mattress. Attached to this post is a picture showing our less than 2 year old mattress that has a 4" sag.

I contacted Rocky Mountain Mattress for a warranty claim. Their response? Send the mattress to us and we'll decide if you REALLY have a warranty claim. We're in California and they want us to send a 100+ lb. king size mattress to North Carolina so they can "evaluate" it. GET REAL! The lowest quote I can find for shipping a mattress cross country is $400 one way and that assumes I package it, put it on a pallet, and help the driver load it on the truck! And then, even if they decide that they will generously allow the claim, I have to pay for return shipping as well! This company is great at marketing but create lousy products. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS!

post-39686-0-40152900-1414193471_thumb.j

haeffele

Welcome to the forum!

I don't want to be crude, but the question is how much does the person weigh that slept on the part that dropped 4 inches?

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'.

Costco sells a memory foam mattress in a box for around $500. I wonder if anyone out there has purchased one of these mattresses and give us their take on it?

We bought a Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper made by novaform gel by Sleep Innovations Inc. from COSTCO in April 2011. The cost for a Queen at that time was $138.99. We placed it on top of the existing mattress in the RV. We love the comfortable nights sleep it gives us. The only drawback is its heavy. The storage space under the bed is used for things we don't need access to very often. Even with the 3 inch topper on a 6 inch mattress I can use regular Queen size fitted sheets. Costco still carries this product.

I agree with previous post. Contact company by e-mail "proof of service" give them notice of your intent to file complaint with;

State Attorney General Office for Consumer Affairs

Better Business Bureau

If no reply ( 3-5 ) days, file your complaint(s) and wait for them to contact you. It can take time so be ready for a wait......

I live in Ohio, my Attorney General has a well-documented history of "fighting bad companies" best wishes on your resolve.

I have a memory foam mattress from Costco about three years and love it. It's 14 inches thick and never needs to be rotated. Good thing because it's heavy at 110 lbs will add weight to the coach.

It looks like everyone in here is recommending memory form mattress. But I heard it can get hot. Has anyone ever order a mattress from Mattress Insider? I am looking at them, and Sleep Number.

Any thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Haeffle,

Where did you purchase the mattress? If you are in California, I'm sure you didn't go to North Carolina to get it. Why didn't you go back to where you got it? They are the ones you should be dealing with and not calling the manufacturer crooks when they are doing what every company would do. "Did it fail because of defects or was it damaged due to miss use." That is what any company will want to know.

Herman

Even though this is a year old thread, I think it warrants a word of caution. It appears to me this company is a web based manufacturer/seller with no store front. You buy it sight unseen and take your chances. They have a 90 night warranty but the buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and it states they will provide you with a return shipping address should you want to return it. The buyer also pays for return shipping charges even if the manufacturer deems it is a warranty issue. So if you use the OP $400 quote for freight you could be paying $800 for a mattress that cost that or less and could possibly get the mattress back that you thought was bad. I can't imagine the shipping charges for a king size mattress from CA to NC with what shipping costs are today.

As always, buyer beware.

Even though this is an old thread thought I'd jump in and ask a question. We just bought a 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire. The people we bought it from had an egg crate shell on top of the mattress. We removed the egg crate shell and the mattress feels pretty good. We haven't slept on it yet. We have a temperpedic that we have had for 3-4 years and love it. Wondering what kind of reputation the Newmar mattress has - the mattress says right on it that it was manufactured for Newmar. Thanks. David

Even though this is an old thread thought I'd jump in and ask a question. We just bought a 2008 Newmar Mountain Aire. The people we bought it from had an egg crate shell on top of the mattress. We removed the egg crate shell and the mattress feels pretty good. We haven't slept on it yet. We have a temperpedic that we have had for 3-4 years and love it. Wondering what kind of reputation the Newmar mattress has - the mattress says right on it that it was manufactured for Newmar. Thanks. David

Let us know how that works out for you. Going from a temperpedic to a stock mattress that in the best of terms is FIRM. I would try to take a nap on it now before you are on the road.

Bill

I can't tell you anything about the Newmar mattress but when we sold our home in 2011, we removed the mattress from our coach and replaced it with the Tempurpedic we already had.

This is one of those posts where a person makes a very derogatory post...then disappears. Therefore, IMHO, he has no credibility.