dlpitt@cox.net

Windshield Covers - Keeping The Heat Out

We too installed Black Magne Shades on our coach. They made a huge difference and have been happy with them. I guess our only complaint would be that it's hard to see out at night and especially when it rains. However, I would assume all of them would be the same.

As mentioned, I believe the standard Magne Shade install puts magnets on the inside for the windshield and outside of the rest (because of magnet cost), BUT we ordered stronger magnets from kjmagnetics and installed all on the inside. We have been in some pretty good winds here in AZ and no issues so far.

Robert

2000 American Dream

Our Norcold to Amish Built Cooling Unit Change-out

Guest Wayne77590

Hmmm! All my magnets for windshield and side window (driver/passenger) are installed on the inside. All of the magnets were the same. Did something change?

I watched the magna shade video and it seems like a lot of time and trouble compared to the MCD screen. All I need to do is push one toggle switch from the dash and the screen goes down or up. Another toggle switch and the shade goes down or up. Another advantage is that the screen acts as a sun visor when driving into the sun. Been pleased with this addition to our moho.

I second what skyking8 has done! Cut to fit inside the windshield, it reflects the heat back out of the coach, nice and dark and cool inside while taking a nap! Rolls up for easy storage and easy to install. Coach is a lot cooler and the DW is happier! Life is great!

Magnets on the inside or outside depends on if you have a sliding glass or not. On mine the windshield and half of the drivers window magnets are on the inside. The other half of the drivers window the magnets are on the outside and have a thick spacer to make the shade level across the window.

I have Electric roll down shades on the windshield. Unfortunately, they are black on both sides. The side to the outside absorbs the sun's rays, the Black on the inside radiates it back out. Why don't they make the outside white or silver?

Just got my magna shade front windshield cover and it is fantastic, went up very easily and I had the U.S. Flag and Eagle imprinted on it and the appearance is fantastic, Roger is a wonderful person to work with, I will be posting a picture on the magna shade page soon. noticed right away a difference in temperature and privacy

We too use an exterior sun shade. But here in Texas we needed more help. New in the market is Winco windshield legal tint. The showroom demo with the heat lamp convienced me to do the front sloped windshields. We are thrilled after our first drive west in the late afternoon. Blocks 99.9 of the UV, and depending on your choice more than half the IR which is the heat. The tint is not noticable till you look at the area around the inspection and registration stickers. There and only there can you see the slight difference in color looking out. From the outside, looking in, much more noticable. We tinted the driver and passenger single pane old style with darker and then limo tint on the rest of the coach windows. We are glad to have the new look and the heat rejection. There are some tints that can be installed on dual pane windows, be sure to use the correct for those windows.

We have a Class C, and have Adco (or equiv) solid white windshield cover, which also covers the windows on the doors. I notice it keeps the cab much cooler. So far, we only use it when it is parked at home, between outings. But in Sept, we will be at the Grand Canyon for a week and I plan to put the cover on it while parked.

Considering TireMan's testing with wheel covers and White vs. Black, (he found white keeps the tire cooler underneath), I would think the same would hold true with the windshield cover.

Magneshade, no snaps,no clips,no ladders needed. Had them made and installed them on my Travel Supreme and we just love them. On and off in a jiffy high quality material and they fit perfectly first time out of the box. Not the cheapest solution looking at what else is out there. But again no ladder needed for on and off so no chance of falling and they can be taken on or off very quickly.

I love my Magnashade - what a difference in temp inside! We are big Auburn Tigers football tailgaters and had Roger imprint Tiger Eyes on ours. Love it! We had a lot of wind from Storm Debby and the shade didn't move. Easy on in about half a minute and no ladder - another plus.

Our motorhome has the push button MCD day shade and night shade but it still would get so hot up front because they are on the inside. The decision was to get an outside shade and after looking at all of the options (and the fact that I did not want to put snaps on the outside of our coach) we chose Magnashades. We think we made the right choice.