huffypuff

Large Gap In Back Wall

My wife was complaining about diesel smell and dirt getting in the drawers of rear cabinet.

I removed the cabinet and was shocked of why. The coach builder felt that thin carpet was a great filler for a 1/2 inch gap across the back wall. Then they hid the gap behind a cabinet.

I fixed it and here are the pictures.

I just noticed the galley lost most of it's caption. No need to tell you Brett because you can figure it out without words. I will add the missing caption so others can know what I did. Before the end of today hopefully.

Good job! It is amazing what the manufacturers let slide. I found a air leak along the top of the refrigerator. I probably wouldn't have found it but we were camping in some really cold windy weather and felt the draft.

Bill

Ray,

Good catch. It seems that the folks at Monaco were doing that for a long, long time. Our much older coach had exactly the same problem. Ours was easier to fix because we have no slides.

By your pictures, I say, 'Good work'.

Jim

When I called the current factory and sent pictures the engineer didn't seem concerned at all. I told him that I hope they are putting better quality in the current models.

Ray,

Thank you very much for calling the factory and mentioning QUALITY to the engineer. If RV manufacturers got calls from the public every day mentioning the lack of quality one day they may just take notice. As long as we continue to buy their "stuff" change will be slowing coming.