vettehead

Aladdin Screen Will Not Light Up

I have the Aladdin monitoring system in our MH,( 2005 Monaco Exe). The front monitor on the dash will not come on.

It is getting current, checked fuse in rear run box, and the small light beside the Jog switch lights up. Still no screen.

Radio is in the same unit,( Kenwood) but plays OK.

The monitor screen in the bedroom works as it should.

Has anyone ran into this problem?

What's my next step? :unsure:

vettehead,

You might want to call Monaco tech support. There is a reset button for the system, but I do not know where it is located.

You have power, as the indicator light comes on. So that kind of eliminates the 7.5 amp fuse.

That leads me to think that there is a problem with the display electronics built into the screen assembly, if the system rest button does not help.

The big problem is the technical information on the system components is very limited and the system are no longer being made.

The other possibility is to look and see if there is any information or labels on the display monitor that might lead you to a supplier like Sony, Samsung or other manufacture. This might get you some information.

Rich.

vettehead,

You might want to call Monaco tech support. There is a reset button for the system, but I do not know where it is located.

You have power, as the indicator light comes on. So that kind of eliminates the 7.5 amp fuse.

That leads me to think that there is a problem with the display electronics built into the screen assembly, if the system rest button does not help.

The big problem is the technical information on the system components is very limited and the system are no longer being made.

The other possibility is to look and see if there is any information or labels on the display monitor that might lead you to a supplier like Sony, Samsung or other manufacture. This might get you some information.

Rich.

I did do the "reset" button thing. Didn't help. About to decide there is an problem with the display as you stated. Will try to contact Monaco. Aladdin is no longer. Monaco is no longer. Going to have to fix it, because I have gotten use to it and like the way it works.

Thanks for the info.

Actually, Monaco IS in business (though it has changed hands twice since your coach was built).

Give them a call: Monaco Technical: 877-466-6226 Mon - Fri: 7:00am - 4:00pm PT

2005 models were pre LED monitors, they were commonly called LCD display, the LED versions are still LCD but use led for lighting the screen. The older LCD uses a neon type backlight which uses a system similar to a ballast on a fluorescent light. Sometimes the bulb will go out and sometimes the "ballast". Anyway, there probably is a replacement screen for your unit. Hope Monaco can point you to the right source.

Happy Holidays, Kay

I've had the opposite problem, the monitor sometimes does not shut down. I had the Monaco Service Center in Coburg, Oregon take a look at it and it was working fine there. It has been working better lately. Usually when the system shuts down it shuts off the power also. There is a power button on the monitor which I can use to shut down the system manually but then I have to remember to power it up when the system comes back on.

Like vettehead I find the system very useful and would miss it if/when it fails. There is a Silverleaf replacement for the Aladdin system. I think it requires just a minor adjustment to the opening for the joystick. It costs a bundle of money but should work with all the Aladdin sensors and provide basically the same data. They advertise it as better but I'll be the judge of that if I replace mine when it fails.

vettehead.

Any chance of posting picture(s) of your display? There might be a clue to who was the supplier of the display for Aladdin.

This is a link to the Electronics thread on the Forum that discusses replacing the system with the VMSpc - Silverleaf system and the approximate cost: http://community.fmca.com/topic/7303-alladin-system/

Rich.

Have since done a large amount of troubleshooting, and found out my front screen is bad.

Talked to Monaco Tech and he suggested I hook up thru a TV set to verify the system is operational and the screen itself to be bad. Works fine.

Now to get the guys at the audio store to supply a screen that will fit the hole in my dash.

Thank to all for the assistance.

I have a 2004 Beaver Monterey 40 foot. It has the Aladdin system and it but my screen went dark and I couldn't get anything from the Aladdin system or even the backup camera. After much troubleshooting I found a now get out of here bad RCA Connection in the back where the camera is. I also found broken wire for the power to the camera. I took the cable adapter what the RCA fittings on it to a shop and had a new fitting put on. I also fixed the broken power wires. When I turn the system back on I not only got my camera back but the Aladdin system came up as well. If you're having trouble with your Aladdin system or your monitor screen and backup camera be sure to check the wires and cables in the back that go to you're backup camera. You have to take the RCA connector apart to see if it's bad. You also need to check your power wires very close to see if they are tight in the connector .The wires are very small and break easily. Hope this helps you all with your Aladdin systems. Steve

38 minutes ago, manholt said:

Steve.  You do realize, the last comment on this post, was 50 months ago?

Yeah, but good information in that post for someone troubleshooting a similar system. Makes you wonder if the OP figured his out?

yes I do know that most of these post on the Aladdin system are very old posts it doesn't appear that anybody ever figured out what was wrong with their system. Just wanted to put something on here in case someone else was looking for some answers. And all the searching I did on this situation I couldn't find anybody that ever resolved any problem. I just want to get the word out that it can be fixed.

THANK YOU Steve for your 2019 post! My husband and I are having the same OP issue in our rig (2005 Monaco Camelot 40PD). It has been very difficult to get answers, especially because no one has seemed to have truly resolved the problem. He's tried ALL of the above with no success, except for really, really digging into the backup camera wires and cables. He hasn't given up yet, so back to the backup camera we go. We'll post how it goes. Susan