cj73557

Rose Bowl Parade

Does anyone have experience viewing the Rose Bowl Parade? Is it better to join a tour/rally or go on your own? Any viewing location tips or camping/parking tips?

Hi CJ,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Since we live in southern California, we haven't motorhomed to the Rose Parade. However, you'll find an advertisement in the current FMCA Magazine (pg. 71) about an FMCA chapter that organizes a Rose Parade program. We met some members who attended last year and they had a great time. It might be worth investigating.

Happy travels,

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I tried to access the digital version on line, but for some reason it is not working now. I'll try again later.

Thanks,

Chuck

F436456

Midland, Ontario

Does anyone have experience viewing the Rose Bowl Parade? Is it better to join a tour/rally or go on your own? Any viewing location tips or camping/parking tips?

If you do the Rose Bowl Parade with a tour group or solo, I would be very happy to hear about your experience afterward.

My DW and I are planning to do the Rose Bowl Parade in 2016 and we have many of the same questions and concerns. We were in the Pasadena area about a month ago and I have a renewed dislike for driving our rig through the LA area traffic and the general congestion of the area. Though it would certainly cost more, we're seriously considering a tour group, such as Fantasy RV Tours, offered through FMCA. We are registered to attend the Pomona Reunion at the end of March and we'll be looking more closely at that option. I have not done an organized tour group before as it seems like a lot of extra money for things I can do myself but for this one the convenience may be worthwhile and allow me to sit back and enjoy the festivities more.