PalmettoParadise

Operating Slides Without Running Engine

FIVE.

If your key is on and engine running. What is there to prevent the child from activating slide, while your driving down the road?

I asked a Tech the same question after I bought my 07' Tour...I got a blank look! On it, I could put out all 4 slides with engine running.

J. I dump all air prior to leveling, then level by air or HWH...then I put out slides after I hook up and remove what I need from outside bays!

I get a smoother operation that way, because there is no chance of binding.

Carl

The levelness of the slide is very important for heavy slides, so a good leveling device should be used to make sure the slide is not going uphill as it moves-coming in or going out.

Bruce

The levelness of the slide is very important for heavy slides, so a good leveling device should be used to make sure the slide is not going uphill as it moves-coming in or going out.

Bruce

Bruce, Welcome to the forum. The best practice is to follow the manufactures instructions.

Bill

...FIVE.

If your key is on and engine running. What is there to prevent the child from activating slide, while your driving down the road?...

If it's like everything else, there is some kind of safety feature to prevent that from happening. Like if you put it in drive with the jacks down...bells and whistles go off and it won't move. Or try to move before the jacks are all the way up.

I have a Winnebago Journey and it has HWH slide/leveler system. My slides are run from the start battery which is not charged by the inverter.

HWH says run engine while using slides/levelers. However truth be told, I often run the slides in and out on the battery without the engine. It is however important to only operate the hydraulic pump under load for as short a time as possible and let it cool in between.

Running the pump on low voltage causes heat, sustained operation of overheated pump will cause premature failure at best, immediate failure at worst.

I run mine all the time with the engine off, however the ignition key must be on.

We have a different coach since I made the first post. Same make, but the Eagle's slides will not move without the engine running...tried it last trip out.