noserider

Anyone Towing A 2006 Acura MDX

I have read much on this subject. FMCA and Remco both list them as towable. I spoke to Remco today. They stated they changed in 07 although the 06 manual says not towable.

I'm not looking for debate as the safe bet is to not tow tow. I get that.

I would like to know if anyone is towing an 06 Acura MDX for quite a while without any issues?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I looked at the owners manual and it does not have directions on how to tow behind a RV. On page 275 it talks about emergency towing with limits of 35 mph and 50 miles. I hear lots of people saying you can tow one but nobody that says if it brakes we will fix it.

Bill

Welcome to the forum. I looked at the owners manual and it does not have directions on how to tow behind a RV. On page 275 it talks about emergency towing with limits of 35 mph and 50 miles. I hear lots of people saying you can tow one but nobody that says if it brakes we will fix it.

Bill

Thanks Bill. No warranty for sure. I looked at the online manual and saw the same thing.

I don't know about a 2006. I do know I have towed a 2001 MDX about 40K miles without any trouble. Ask the dealer what is the difference between the 2006 and 2001 transmission. I suspect not much and they just got tired of folks not following instructions which is critical. I had heard the MDX drivetrain changed in 2007 and the RDL platform was incorporated and that is not flat towable.

I don't know about a 2006. I do know I have towed a 2001 MDX about 40K miles without any trouble. Ask the dealer what is the difference between the 2006 and 2001 transmission. I suspect not much and they just got tired of folks not following instructions which is critical. I had heard the MDX drivetrain changed in 2007 and the RDL platform was incorporated and that is not flat towable.

Thanks heard the same thing from Remco. Don't trust anyone at this point except someone who has towed an 06 for many many miles.

Hey guys I could use some help with a 2005 Acura MDX. I have it all rigged to tow, brake system etc. PROBLEM: After towing it for a while the battery is dead or near dead. I contacted a dealer and was told that it was the "hands free" system that stays on and draws the battery down. I was told I had to disconnect it by removing the rear view mirror, overhead console then pull down the headliner and unplug it. I was on vacation and do not want to loose my blue tooth. I disconnected the battery each time which lost the memory for several things. I can not identify which fuse protects the hands free circuit. If I can find it I can install a switch to turn it off when towing and not have to put in security codes each time. I am hoping that someone has been able to identify the fuse. The dealer was not very helpful. Thanks Mel Parks, Colorado

Hey guys I could use some help with a 2005 Acura MDX. I have it all rigged to tow, brake system etc. PROBLEM: After towing it for a while the battery is dead or near dead. I contacted a dealer and was told that it was the "hands free" system that stays on and draws the battery down. I was told I had to disconnect it by removing the rear view mirror, overhead console then pull down the headliner and unplug it. I was on vacation and do not want to loose my blue tooth. I disconnected the battery each time which lost the memory for several things. I can not identify which fuse protects the hands free circuit. If I can find it I can install a switch to turn it off when towing and not have to put in security codes each time. I am hoping that someone has been able to identify the fuse. The dealer was not very helpful. Thanks Mel Parks, Colorado

Welcome to the forum. You should be able to find what fuse powers the hands free system or you can run a charge line to keep the battery up.

Bill