Sign in to follow this  
irishclan44

New Members

Hi All,

Mike and Judi here. First time RV owners. It's something we have always wanted to do and with me retiring a few months ago, we are ready! So we jumped in with both feet and got ourselves and early Xmas Present. A 2004 Newmar Dutch Mark 40' DP. Just bought it from a great couple! Thanks Ken and Martha, its a great coach! I learned a lot from the forums here before making our decision. Thanks to all of you for all the info that you have posted over the years. Very helpful and informative. Now all we need to do is wrap up a few things here and then head out after the holidays.

Hope to meet you on the road!

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!

Mike & Judi

post-43449-0-77053400-1418663133_thumb.j

Mike and Judi,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Congratulations on finding your first home on wheels and your pending Retirement !!

Glad you found some helpful information on the forum.

There are no questions we will not as a group, try to give you our best thoughts and or opinions. You are now on a learning curve that many of us have been on form 1 to 50+ years.

I have been driving a motorhome for 40 plus years an I'm still learning, along with making a few not so smart choices. LOL.

I like the Red Bow! all that is missing is the snow ! :D

Rich.

As many have said and many more will, "Welcome to the Forum". Have you joined FMCA? If so have you checked out joining a chapter? If not look up your area in the members column for chapters in your area. It is a great place to meet new friends and RV'ers.

Safe and memorable adventures.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Herman

It's mean, you are satisfied with services of FMCA motor coaches.

Herman may see your post but it might be better to start a new thread. That is an old thread last active in December 2014. You have been reading deep in the stacks. ;) Keep reeding there is a lot of information available.

I think the The FMCAssist Medical Emergency and Travel Assistance Program is well worth the annual dues. You will pay $100.00 for the same or less coverage elsewhere. I have seen it used and it works.

Bill

Also, if you enter what you and your husband are traveling in and towing, like Bill or I have under our name, we can assist you further in the event of a mechanical breakdown or any other problems!

That is our main reason for being on the Forum.

Carl

It's mean, you are satisfied with services of FMCA motor coaches.

I'm puzzled by this statement. It sounds as if you are thinking of FMCA as a company. FMCA is an organization of motor home owners for motor home owners. It is a non-profit organization and doesn't try to compete with others that offer commercial services. There are many commercial organizations that are members of FMCA as well as a great many motor home owners.

FMCA sponsors rallies to bring together motor home owners with motor home manufacturers and suppliers of equipment for motor homes. The rallies are great places to meet and visit with other motor home owners. As Herman has pointed out, there are many chapters or clubs that are special interest groups within FMCA. Herman and I are members of the Lone Star Chapter located in the Lone Star State, Texas. I also belong to Monaco International, an organization partially sponsored and supported by our manufacturer, Monaco. You will find over 100 other organizations, some local others nationwide, among the FMCA Chapters.

When you become a member you get the FMCA goose egg to display on your coach. It might help you meet other FMCA members in campgrounds or on the road as you travel. Here on the forum you can get questions answered and participate in discussions about traveling in your motor home. There are also other services offered by some individuals. Some members offer their home as a stopping spot, a place where you might spend a night or two in an emergency. You can find them in the membership list here on line. There are also individuals who have volunteered to drive your motor home for you if the only driver or both drivers are unable to drive. Again, this is an emergency situation, not something to do routinely. Again, these members are noted in the membership list.

We have been FMCA members since 2001 and have attended a number of international and chapter rallies. They are great experiences. Try to get to one this summer to really get the flavor of the organization. And, welcome to FMCA.

Thanks Bill, however my answer was posted in December 2015. To everyone.

Herman

The poster has posted on several old threads. Just trying to let them know. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :P

Bill

There are times, that it is important, to bring older treads forward and thank you Tom, for reminding us all why we are here!

Happy Easter and future travels to all.

Carl