msds99

Norcold Fans Cycle

Bought our 2001 American Tradition from private party and was handed a recall on our Norcold frig. Called Norcold and took to RV repair place in Coloma Mi. They called and said could not put new part in because our cooling unit was bad.

After some investigation decided to have JC Refrig. put an Amish cooling unit in. Did not put new fans in, was told Norcolds were superior to new ones. We are using for first time and the fans are noisy and come on and off frequently. It seems to keep things somewhat cold set on 6. When I tried 4 as suggested by JC the temp went to 62 in the box. Should have spent the money for residential refrigerator when we had Cruising America in Celina OH replace our source manager.

We are in Tunica Ms now but hope to be in Texas in Jan,Temps are moderate now, but if it gets up in the 70's will this thing cool?

When the unit was R and R, the question is did they get all the baffling installed. directing the heat out of the coach.

The fan noise could be caused by the method they mounted them. If mounted directly to the refrigerator without some rubber isolation or wall surface could cause some acoustic coupling. This amplifies the fan noise.

Rich.

I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions for you how to fix the Norcold.

I don't agree that Norcolds are superior to others, but that's my personal view. Others my differ.

From my own experience, I can only offer my opinion for you to exercise caution when spending money on the Norcold. It can be easy to spend a tremendous amount of money on it, and still not have a properly working fridge

Another issue; have the safety recalls been performed on the Norcold?

Another option is to install a residential fridge. To do that, there are considerations such as Modified Sine Wave Inverter or Pure Sine Wave Inverter, and the size of the house battery bank.

Jim