We have decided that bunk beds will improve the quality of the RV experience with our grandkids.

Are there "standard" bunk bed dimensions for bunk bed mattresses used in RVs. They seem smaller than what I might see at a mattress retailers.

Is there a "standard" RV manufacture nomenclature for which models have bunk beds.

Elgin,

I can not speak for the industry but I can on our first coach. We had bunk (aka twin beds) in our coach and they were shorter the standard. I am 6' 2" and the bed was too short for me. It is a good thing I sleep on my side or we would have to had traded it off just after we got it.

My suggestion would be to try several coaches before you buy. I do know that as of now if you are buying new you will have to special order Bunk/Twin beds and I don't know if you can get them then. You may find a nice pre owned coach with Bunks, Twins.

I do know Bunks will not have a very good trade in or resale value.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Herman

Elgin,

In the day before slide outs, bunk beds was a norm but they where longer...I used to be over 6' 9" and had no problems.

Today, the only one I know off that offer bunks is Sportcoach.

Good hunting and Merry Christmas!

Carl

Elgin,

In the day before slide outs, bunk beds was a norm but they where longer...I used to be over 6' 9" and had no problems.

Today, the only one I know off that offer bunks is Sportcoach.

Good hunting and Merry Christmas!

Carl

Carl, Being 6'9" in our old bunk beds would have put you bending double.

Merry Christmas, will contact you after your cruise, have a good one.

Herman