railroadman

Honda CRV or Ford Edge

Railroadman,

We tow a 2013 Honda CRV behind our HR Ambassador. I used a Blue Ox towing system with an Air Force One brake system. The CRB has been towed over 10,000 miles with no issues or problems. Perhaps you can find some posts on the Ford Edge. Please note that the 2015 Honda CRV is not towable four down. You should look for a 2014 or older model.

Railroadman,

I was in the same boat wondering which vehicle to purchase to tow behind our Tiffin Allegro.

I decided on the 2014 Ford Edge, although we have not towed it yet I am pleased with the vehicle so far.

Will be using it behind the motorhome once spring arrives & it is out of storage.

Purchased the Demco base plate along with the Demco tow bar.

I have towed a 2011 Edge and found it to be one of the best toads I have ever had, quite lots power just be careful about the Edge with the warning device on the front of the car it will cause you to have to buy a tow bracket that installs high up on the toad, so high you will need a upside down drop hitch or some have moved the device (name?) up on the car to get the brackets that install lower on the toad.

I have towed Hondas and they are good toads just not in the power or comfort range to the Edge in my opinion .

I tow the sister car of the Edge, a 2013 Lincoln MKX 4 down. It has all the bells and whistles like adaptive cruise control for one. I went with Blue Ox baseplate and towbar. No problem with adaptive system with Blue Ox product.

As stated, new Honda is not towable four down.