royclem

FMCA Member Tags

Does anyone know if you get a free set of FMCA ID tags with member ship #'s, when you join FMCA, or do you have to order them and pay for them?

They are included in your membership. The membership "Goose Eggs" will have your membership number on them. That number is yours forever. If you want to ladder mount a tag, your will need to purchase the mounts.

emmaclem,

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum. Your family has just jumped in size by over Eighty Thousand, but don't worry, you don't have to send them all a Christmas card.

Again Welcome.

Herman

Speaking of tags I installed my tags on the rear access door of my coach. After 18 months the tag was warping on one end and the clear coat around the tag has peeled. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jack, The only thing that I can think of regarding the deforming and peeling is heat and UV.

The fact that you list AZ as your home puts you in the bulls eye regarding both.

You might look at this link and see if you think something like this would help find a starting point.

http://www.curbellplastics.com/technical-resources/pdf/polycarbonate-architect-glazing-makrolon.pdf

Rich.

emmclem,

I took my Goose Egg to Fast-Signs and had decals made. I have one made that would adhere to the outside and one that would adhere to the inside of my windshield. Displayed with no holes. I also had several smaller ones made for my truck and golf cart.

These work for me.

Herman

Rich,

The information in your link looked good. My only problem is the right door exhibits no clear coat fracturing. The left door only has the fracturing/peeling around the FMCA plaque. Both sides get equal sun. The FMCA plaque is bolted to the door with stainless bolts and nylock nuts. Lazy Days is going to fix the door but I doubt I will remount the plaque. Will probably look at a ladder mount.

Ladder mount has worked for me. Also, have 2 suction cups with "S" hooks for mounting on inside of front window when parked!

Carl

I was wondering about the tags, too. I had seen them on many, many motorhomes over the years and, frankly, was only mildly curious about them and the organization they represent. I assumed that membership required a Class A motorhome. We have owned two popup campers, a Sunnybrook travel trailer and a Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. Recently, we were able to buy a 2007 Pace Arrow 36D that is almost brand new. It has only 19,750 miles and looks like it. We are really happy with our new rig.

I joined FMCA about a week ago. My question is, "When do I get my stuff?" and "What stuff do I get for my membership." :D My approach to this is more humorous than serious. I am just curious about the actual materials I will receive and when I can expect them to arrive. I wondered if I the goose egg would be metal or vinyl. I'm really looking forward to all of it and meeting members when we get on the road.

Widewader,

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

Your plaque(aka goose egg) will be vinyl. You will also receive the Family Motor Coach magazine each month, information on the Michelin tire discount program. Another great benefit is the FMC Assist medical repatriation program. All great things plus you become a member of a 80,000 person family. Christmas cards optional.

Herman

Thanks Herman. I'm wondering if the metal plaques I've seen on so many motorhomes are available to buy or are they not being made anymore. Also, do I get a packet containing FMCA information and how long does it usually take for that to happen. I'm really wanting to get that goose egg attached to my new (to us) motorhome and become obviously a part of the 80,000.

Hmmm. OK. Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just have to be patient. If you see a really fine looking Pace Arrow rolling down Southeastern highways, it might be us. It will have Good Sam stickers on it. Oh, and Arkansas State University Red Wolves decals.

I was wondering about the tags, too. I had seen them on many, many motorhomes over the years and, frankly, was only mildly curious about them and the organization they represent. I assumed that membership required a Class A motorhome. We have owned two popup campers, a Sunnybrook travel trailer and a Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. Recently, we were able to buy a 2007 Pace Arrow 36D that is almost brand new. It has only 19,750 miles and looks like it. We are really happy with our new rig.

I joined FMCA about a week ago. My question is, "When do I get my stuff?" and "What stuff do I get for my membership." :D My approach to this is more humorous than serious. I am just curious about the actual materials I will receive and when I can expect them to arrive. I wondered if I the goose egg would be metal or vinyl. I'm really looking forward to all of it and meeting members when we get on the road.

Widewader, you can order the "goose eggs" and brackets from this website.

http://www.kileymold.com/

I have one on the front and rear of our coach, proud to be a member.

Ladder mount has worked for me. Also, have 2 suction cups with "S" hooks for mounting on inside of front window when parked!

Carl

I put one on the rear ladder with the mounts made for the plaque. Mine is plastic. For the front I did the same as you and went to Hobby Lobby and bought some of the clear suction cups with the hooks on them. Sits right in the right front window and does not obstruct the view. Been working find for 8 years.