Sign in to follow this  
CaptBMF

HWH Leveling System and Tag Axle

I have a 40' 2004 Country Coach Allure with HWH Leveling System and a Tag Axle. Does the Tag Axle need to be up or down to correctly use the HWH Leveling System? Thank you.

CaptBMF, this is a link to the 2000 series system manual.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml51385.pdf

There is no mention in the manual referring to the system operation with the tag axle being in the up or down position or if the air ride system is connected into the air leveling system.

This may be covered in your owners manual!

Most coach owners place the air ride system in the lowered position to add some stability,(as mentioned by Herman) shorten the distance between the ground and the first step, this also reduces the distance the rams need to travel. This increases the coach stability, by reaching a good level mode without lifting any of the wheels off the ground.

Rich.

Capt.

Here is the procedure that I use when leveling my coach, I have air leveling not jacks, but should apply to either.

1) I first make sure the coach is in the right position for Connecting Water, Sewer and Electric.

2) Then I dump my air.

3)I them select level on my HWH pad.

4)After the system indicates the coach is level I then deploy the slides. This way the slides are not in a bind.

5)Then repeat step 3 of the leveling process.

I found out the hard way that if I don't dump the air and the front end raises another several inches the DW is up set with that first or last step depending on which way you are going. We all know the saying "When the DW isn't Happy?"

Herman

On mine, a '90 Wanderlodge, I drop the suspension, including the tag, then deploy the jacks. If the ground is uneven, the jacks will still work.

One word of caution, be sure the drive wheels stay in contact with the ground, as that is your only parking brake contact. Your coach may move if those wheels are off the ground and you will damage something, like the jacks or frame.