Sign in to follow this  
robertchasteen

Windshield Wipers Not Working: 2010 Allegro Bus

Robert,

Welcome to the Forum.

Fuse OK, Relay? Smart Wheel Controller? I know a lot of folk are tired of my reference to the Smart Wheel.

However The controller controls the Horn, Cruise Control, Wipers and Lights.

Herman

Herman,

Thnx for your quick response.

I know the Horn, Lights, and Cruise are working because I activated thru the Smart Wheel. So I ruled out it being a "wheel" issue.

Pulled the relay but no way to check it as this relay plugs into wiring harness (and I did not find another similar relay on the MH as all other relays plug into boards).

Auto parts stores and local transport bus repair could not ID relay for purchase of another so I may need to call Tiffin parts to purchase another to test this component.

Robert,

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you checked to see if you have power at the wiper motor connection?

Some wiper motors have a stop position switch, controlled by a plastic cam system that can fail inside the motor.

Rich.

Robbert,

In the seven years we have owned our coach I have replaced two controllers. With the first I had a head light problem. Replaced it and the lights worked fine. On the second one I had no horn. Called VIP (Vehicle Improvement Products) and the tech walked me through the test prochedure.

It would not hurt to give them a call. I believe the address is http://www.vipwheels.com/

Let me know what you find.

Herman