mcbrian

Silence On The FCOC Decision To Leave FMCA

Mr Kessler sent an email stating that "Your Executive Board has acted in violation of their rights, and has exceeded the authority, granted by your membership in the FCOC Bylaws" in relation to the FCOC leaving the FMCA. The president of the FCOC told me in an email that FMCA and FCOC had resolved this.

I have tried for over two months to get an answer by emailing Mr Kessler with cc to President Adcock and Mr Moning with no reply at all.

I was just trying to find out who was telling the truth. My last email was on January 04 and I told them that I would ask on the forum next.

I have not seen your inquiry about FCOC leaving FMCA. I suspect the e-mail went into my spam folder. But to answer your question, I have been in discussion with the President of FCOC and he and I agreed that since the chapter did not certify by the 1st of Jan. that they are placed in inactive status this year and if they do not certify by the end of this year they will just be dropped from our roles. If you have any further questions please contact the President of FCOC [ Mr. Steve Batorson]. Steve and I had a very good meeting at the Indio Rally. Should you want to discuss this with me please call me at 501-278-6172.

Thank you and I apologize for any mis-understanding.

Thank you for also attending Indio NW rally. I was there and met with the president of the Pacer Northwest and Northwest area president. We are Seahawks fans and right after our party Saturday we watched our team win another championship. I also saw you giving out biscuits to dog at the rally and came to shake your hand for the great service to FMCA and your kind heart to animals. I of course was wearing a Seahawks Tee shirt and championship hat.

Thank you Mr President for giving me an answer. I guess Mr Kessler was too embarrassed to answer.

I am not in agreement with the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club decision to leave the FMCA. I doubt that I will renew my membership with them. I don't feel like they acted in the best interest of the current membership and that the decision was forced upon us without any member input.

This will make it difficult to incorporate a “southern” trip thru Gaffney, SC for factory supported chassis service. If they can’t support the FMCA as their chassis are the foundation my 2003 Winnebago there is always Spartan for my future chassis purchase……….. Consider the ramifications of this decision FCOC.

I will continue my FCOC membership because of the discount it provides for chassis service and I will certainly use the Gaffney service when I'm in that part of the country. I doubt FCCC had little if any involvment in FCOC leaving FMCA.

Unless you purchase an Entegra, you won't be able to get a Spartan chassis. To my knowledge Entegra is the only manufacturer that uses Spartan chassis.

Why is everyone down on FCOC? It's a club, just like any other club. Some have affilations to other groups and some do not.

So read the story here: FCOC Story

I'm a member of FMCA. I'm a member of FCOC. I'm a member of many other clubs and organizations. I think I'll stay a member and enjoy the discounts when I need them.

It was not a bad decision, in my opinion.

Wayne77590,

I have to agree.

I am a member of FMCA, FCOC, Escapees, Good Sam, etc. I have friends that would like to join FCOC but they do not want to be forced to join FMCA in order to do that. They now have joined FCOC and are enjoying the discounts.