Sign in to follow this  
ronandsue74

House Battery Replacement

My four year old house batteries are becoming a little weak, So, I have been looking into new house batteries. I've decided to stay with flooded acid batteries because of initial investment cost.

Upon research, I've found that I can buy (Sam's Energizer) 107 minutes at 75 amps for $84.00 or

(Trojan) 115 minutes at 75 amps for $125.00, or (Interstate) 122 minutes at 75 amps for $135.00.

It seems the price goes up faster than the battery capacity goes up.

I need to keep my new Samsung RF-18 refrigerator running on my inverter, a MSW 2000w, while

on the road.

My question is, will the lower capacity battery make any realized difference when I'm on the road?

RJ 2005 CC Inspire #51264

RJ,

While on the road (i.e. with the engine running), the alternator will more than keep up with power demand of the inverter/residential refrigerator.

It is only when dry camping that battery capacity is of importance.

My four year old house batteries are becoming a little weak, So, I have been looking into new house batteries. I've decided to stay with flooded acid batteries because of initial investment cost.

Upon research, I've found that I can buy (Sam's Energizer) 107 minutes at 75 amps for $84.00 or

(Trojan) 115 minutes at 75 amps for $125.00, or (Interstate) 122 minutes at 75 amps for $135.00.

It seems the price goes up faster than the battery capacity goes up.

I need to keep my new Samsung RF-18 refrigerator running on my inverter, a MSW 2000w, while

on the road.

My question is, will the lower capacity battery make any realized difference when I'm on the road?

RJ 2005 CC Inspire #51264

Sam's also has a 122 for $112.68. I think the next time I change I will try them.

I need to replace my house batteries because they are dead. They are the Sam's Club Energizers, just over 14 months old. I was surprised how quickly they died (I did not remove them during winter) so I started reading reviews for them. It appears that I'm not alone with my dissatisfaction with these Energizers. I was good about checking the water levels, but I probably blew it this winter.

In any case, I think I'm going with the Trojan T-105, they get great reviews.

I have used in the past the Sam's Club Energizer batteries. They lasted 4 or 5 years, but did use a lot of distilled water. I now have a Lifetime Sealed Glass Mat battery for the past 2 years. We have a residential refrigerator that will work when stopped overnight while traveling 1820 miles in 4 days. The other 2 nights, we have hookups. Our inverter is a 3000 watt modified sine wave.

New to motorhoming but not to battery use, have used lead acid and agms both OK , but switched mine 1986 Country Coach to a new stye lithium, yes its more to purchase but you get 2 1/2 times the useable power and 10 times the life with no memory.

I replaced 4 8d agms with 340 amp hrs each total 1360 amp hrs at a cost of 1600.00 with 1 each 2.6 kwhr, 2.6 kwhr or 2600amp hr lithium 12v with 94% useful power not 40- 65% like my agms after a short time. My lithium has 3000 cycles verses 3-400 in the other batteries and it charges of my solar or my coach charger,and heres the price only 2000.00, a little more in the beginning but way cheaper in the long run ,I was so happy with mine I became a dealer, installer for them plus they have a 5 year pro rated warranty , they are the future , no water no maintenance. I don't know everything about them but I have learned a lot and am happy to share and help feel free to email me timthecarguy@gmail.com happy camping to all.