We purchased MaxxFi for our coach and its the best internet service we've had. We stream Netflix on 3 tvs at the same time as using the WiFi for the normal stuff without issue. They're a little more expensive to initially purchase the hardware compared to something like a mifi, but it is a lot faster and I get the luxury of it being hard wired in so I never worry about batteries or losing it. We have the external antenna and are on the unlimited plan they offer. The service was a little slower when we came through Colorado but we were still able to stream the netflix movies while using other devices without any issues. No biggie, especially since that's the only hiccup we've noticed. Here's their website if you want to check them out www.MaxxFi.com

MaxxFi hardware maintains multiple connections with the tower instead of a single connection like the MiFi, jetpack or your cell phone hotspot. That's how it gets higher speeds. The unlimited data plan is $70/mo.

charleighastone, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

I looked at the web sight you posted and did not see any information posted regarding there fee structure. Sean posted a fee of $70.00/month for unlimited data. Do you have any information on the band width rate they provide, both download and uploading data?

This is some information that one could use to run a system test using Skype.

They do not provide clear information on how they maintain data links at remote sights. For a lot of the the time they could contract with a cellphone provider, but when one is out of cell tower range; do they use satellite links. No clear information on there web site.

Band pass test for your Provider.

Quick Test Link.

http://www.geeksquad.com/do-it-yourself/tools/test-your-broadband-speed.aspx

If you are signed in to Skype but not making any calls, Skype will use on average 0-4kbps. When you make a call, Skype will use on average between 24-128kbps. You can find out how much bandwidth a video call is using.

To find out if your internet connection is fast enough to make a Skype call (using Skype for Windows Desktop):

Check this link for additional information.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa1417/how-much-bandwidth-does-skype-need

Note ! For good Skype connection one needs 100 to 300 Kbps download and 100 to 512Kbps upload speeds.

• In the Contact list, select the contact you wish to call.
  • In the conversation header, click the Check settings button.
  • In the Connection tab, click Test Now
  • Skype will test the internet connection between you and your contact and display the results.
Audio calls should be possible with most internet connections. Video calls use a lot more bandwidth, so if you are having issues with the quality of your video calls, we recommend:
  • Closing other applications that use the internet, especially those playing music or video.
  • Cancelling any file transfers in progress.
  • If this does not resolve your problem, you may need to increase your bandwidth. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you need more information regarding your download and upload speeds.

Rich

I couldn't figure out the Skype thing and geeksquad said my flash isn't the right version so I used dslreports.com for a speed test and I made screenshots of my results. It won't let me attach more than 1 screenshot to this post. I ran the test 5 times both inside and outside my camper. My speeds are hovering at 30mbps. I closed any open programs on my phone but we have other devices like our pc's, 3 tv's and 4 camera's still connected to the wifi. I don't know how to disconnect them and I don't know if they will mess with the speed test. My guess is they do because we can view the cameras remotely using our phones so I'm assuming they always stay online. I can try the test again later in a different area and I'll call my guy to see how much the streaming cameras affect the test.

post-43828-0-04232900-1421693099_thumb.p

DickandLois, I'll see if I can answer your questions..

It does use satellites to cover areas outside of cell range if you have the satellite package installed.

The $70/mo unlimited plan is a month to month plan so you can start and stop service whenever you need to.

The speed will max out around 100mbps with MaxxFi Platinum Edition on Verizon XLTE bands. Most people will average 30-40mbps in the real world with the external antenna on 4g LTE.