promethias

Scangauge Vehicle Monitor

I'm considering a ScanGauge vehicle monitoring system for our 2012 Dutchstar, built on a Freightliner chassis. Looked at Silverleaf and liked what I saw, but a bit over my budget for such things and would never get the approval of my DW. The three lines of info available on the Freightliner instrument cluster are valuable, but the toggle sequence logic to get what I want to monitor on those three lines has me wanting something a little more user friendly. Does anyone have any experience with the Scangauge D?

We bought a Scangauge D for ours last year and it does exactly what it says it will. We are happy with it. Our coach readout is an old style so the extra info is worth it. Make sure to read the manual and send in the extra codes to get extra parameters sent to you by Scangauge. By the way, there is a lot of them, and a lot of writing. It takes about a half hour.

By the way, you can download the manuals first if you want to read them before ordering the Scangauge. Check for coupons on Advance Auto. We paid less than $130 by using them.

2005 Fleetwood Revolution LE 38X. Cat C9

Rich and krivanj,

Thank you for your comments. Most reviews I have read are positive on the ScanGauge D and yours adds confirmation. Will likely order the thing when we get back from holiday and install it before our first scheduled trip in April. That trip will run about 1500 miles and provide ample opportunity to verify and enjoy the additional information the ScanGauge presents.

BTW, my DW is happy I didn't drop thousands on the other brand. If we ever decide we're that wealthy we'll just get a Newell, which comes all digital as standard equipment.

Thanks again!

Love my scan gauge had it for a year it has been usefull and without problems. Saved me a service call one morning when my cc died after starting, looked up the fault code and it was just a low coolant problem added coolant and it was fine.

I had been looking at the Scangauge D because several friends use it and love it.

After reading above about Advance Auto Parts coupons, I did a Google search for "Advance Auto Parts Coupons" and found a long list with codes.

I tried one and got $40 off with free shipping - total $119.95.

Can't thank all of you enough for your input, and now I'm really anxious to get the ScanGauge D bought, installed and enjoy the useful information it will provide. Just love it when a plan comes together, even more when it saves money.

I installed the ScanGauge D last year in my 2005 CC Inspire.

All I can say is I LOVE IT. It does all it claims. The constant digital

readout is a real plus because I only have analog gauges in my dash.

Easy install & hookup.

RJ

2005 Inspire #51264