RVPA

Do You Use Your Dishwasher?

It's more water-efficient to use a dishwasher than to wash dishes by hand. It's smart and cheaper to run your dishwasher. You must try it out for your comforts.

Edited by williamtim

Before Linda, I used mine....She don't believe in dishwashers at all...home, camp or coach!  So now we store all paper plates in it...coach!

3 minutes ago, manholt said:

Before Linda, I used mine....She don't believe in dishwashers at all...home, camp or coach!  So now we store all paper plates in it...coach!

If I had one I’d probably use it like Puff. At home, took it out to replace it, though...hmm a wine chiller in that spot would get more use...wine chiller it is. Now I’m the dish washer. When I was a mechanic it felt good on my hands. 

I think we should invest in an RV dishwasher. I want to spend time outside with my family instead of wasting time and energy cleansing the dish wares. 

On 1/23/2015 at 7:15 PM, tbutler said:

If you are on the road traveling from one place to another, then the dishwasher might not be useful. If you tend to go to a destination and stay for weeks at a time, you wouldn't have to worry about the water usage and gray tank storage. It also depends on how much you use the kitchen. I've known people who never use their stove. They eat out all the time! They wouldn't need a dishwasher. Think about your individual habits. Do you use a dishwasher at home? Do you cook most of your meals on the road?

You are getting a 43 foot coach, do you really need additional storage space or would you use the dishwasher? I see so many different ways that people travel, many assume everyone does the same things, goes to the same destinations, have the same needs. It simply isn't true. We are all different in our preferences. You can read the responses here but I think the answer has to be yours depending on your own needs and travel plans. We were full time for 10 years and still on the road. We've never had a dishwasher but we have had and couldn't stand to travel without a clothes washer/dryer. Who wants to sit in laundromats doing laundry all the time? Throw it in the machine and go somewhere for the day. Dishes would be the same. Washing dishes is busy work. There are better things to do. At least you don't have to go to a dishomat to do the dishes if you don't have a dishwasher!

We just bought a '07 Tiffin coach. It has a dishwasher, we're the 3rd owners, and it has never been used. Always used for storage for breakable dishes. Same with the stackable washer/dryer. Never been used Whirlpool. We may use it once we get to a spot with a sewer on the lot, but right now we have to go to the dump station every two weeks, so we use the laundromat. Not cheap either. Damned if you do/don't!!LOL!!!

This appliance from Farberware is quite possibly the most compact portable camping dishwasher I have ever had the pleasure of using. This machine is so small that it is considered portable. If you have a small travel trailer with dishwasher and you usually go on trips alone or with another person, then it should be the right size for your needs.

Edited by tom7020

48 minutes ago, tom7020 said:

This appliance from Farberware is quite possibly the most compact portable camping dishwasher I have ever had the pleasure of using. This machine is so small that it is considered portable. If you have a small travel trailer with dishwasher and you usually go on trips alone or with another person, then it should be the right size for your needs.

Tom, can you please post a picture or, better yet, a link? Thanks.