majorberry

FMCA Roadside Assist Contract

My contract with Coach-Net will expire in 60 days so I'm trying to get information on FMCA Roadside Assist. Does anyone know where to get a copy of contract so I can compare to my Coach-Net contract? Have read the highlights of FMCA program from this website but the details are what I would like to compare. I do like that FMCA provides trip interruption for mechanical breakdown, but maybe not for collision. Coach-Net seems to provide for collision but not mechanical breakdown. Would be nice to read each contract so I can make an informed choice.

Thanks

Majorberry,

If you compare Coach Net vs the FMCA program side by side, its a no-brainer. I have and have used Coach Net for two years. Labor day last year I had a rear air bag issue while in West Glacier, MT. Coach Net located and had a mobile mechanic on site within 2 hours on Labor Day. He repaired a faulty check valve at no-charge because he said Coach Net pays say good for his time and mileage. Guess who I'll be keeping?

rheald, FMCA Roadside Assist is a benefit that is offered to members of FMCA. However it is a fee based program. FMCA Offers it to members for a reduces annual fee of $99.00. Many folks have and like Coach Net while others have AAA all good companies in their own right. FMCA Roadside Assist is just one of the Service Companies FMCA recommends. I have Coach Net and may also take out AFMC Roadside Assist. My thinking is that if I have a problem in an area that doesn't have a close by service agent from one then maybe the other has one close by.

From my point of view is that all road side service companies need to have better coverage in all areas.

Herman

Thanks for the information. Both programs seem to provide all one can expect with about the only difference, collision interruption vs. mechanical interruption. Each of those two differences can be substantial if needed. Perhaps Herman has the best plan by purchasing both. I've been very lucky and never had to call Coach-Net. I have tentative plans for a 10K+ mile trip to this summer, so both plans purchased may be a great benefit if mechanical or collision coverage is required. It's like insurance as it is only needed when something goes wrong.

Thanks

After a quick read of the web page, the FMCA roadside assist only covers mounting a customer supplied inflated tire if you have a flat. How many of us carry spares? This is ridiculous for a group of people that have class A motorhomes.

I see no need to have two roadside assistant providers. Why? If the one you have does not send the right people, call them back and tell them to do their job!

Don

FMCA Roadside Assistance is a free benefit of FMCA. You get it whether you have Coach-Net or not. You don't have to choose between the two.

Just a correction. FMCAssist is a free benefit of FMCA for medical evacuation and will return your motor home if needed.

FMCA Roadside Assistance is discounted to FMCA members, but you need to pay for it. FMCA Roadside Assistance is primarily used for troubles on the road with your motor home.

One feature is winching service, now that is not recovery service to lift your motor home out of a ravine; but maybe you are in a campground parked on grass and due to rain, you are stuck, FMCA Roadside Assistance will tow your motor home out as long as the tow truck would not also get stuck. Many campgrounds have gravel roadways and several other roadside assistance services will not winch you out if the tow truck is not on pavement. I currently do not have FMCA Roadside Assistance, but when my current contract runs out, I will.