frank3600

Towing the 2015 Chevy Colorado

Has anyone towed the Chevrolet Colorado 2015 four wheels down. The manual says to disconnect the battery cable and make sure that it do not touch anything. My question is? Is this this to prevent running the battery down or something else, the manual doesn't say.

I just went thru this when they installed the base plates on my Canyon last month. Someone found out it has to do with the electronics in the new power steering unit. It is only on the trucks (full size and mid) not on the Malibus, Equinox or Terrains.

I had them install a battery disconnect with a charge line for the power for the Air Force One brake system. I turned it off one night for 12 plus hours, all I lost was the MPG ratings. no radio presets or clocks. all is working so far.

Bob

Thanks Bob for that reply I couldn't figure why the manual said to disconnect the battery without giving a reason like start vehicle

to prevent the battery from running down.

Still waiting on my base plate from Roadmaster, got a call today it should be ready next week.

Anyway thanks again for that info.

TP,

The charge wire is connected to the Battery so it will not be discharged each time the AF1 is activated. If wired correctly your light will be on a separate circuit. Your Tail Lights, Stop Lights and Turn signals must be on an isolated line through diodes. If you wire them directly there will be feed back and can destroy electric circuits.

Herman