wboulanger

Towing a Chevrolet Colorado or GMC Canyon?

I do not tow a GMC Canyon or the Colorado but lots do. A 4x4 is best to tow as the Transfer Case is put in Nuetral to tow.

What sort of questions do you have???

I have the new GMC Canyon set up to tow as soon as this siberian express leaves Ohio. What kind of questions can I help you wiht?

Bob

I have a 2015 4X4 LB.

I just installed the Blue Ox baseplate on Saturday. As soon as the weather clears up a bit I'll finish the Air Force One install. Still have not decided on what to do about lights on the toad. I'm not going to drill holes in the taillight assemblies.

Leaning toward installing diodes and using the factory lights.

G lamp,

Welcome to both of you to the Forum

In my opinion the diodes is the only was to go. I have had the same diodes on three different tow vehicles. The set is a little costly in the beginning, around $80.00 for the complete set, harness and diodes. By you installing your own base plates the wiring will be a breeze.

Herman

majfrizz

Just got new 2015 Canyon and want to know about the battery disconnect in the picture posted. Where did the bracket, the disconnect is mounted to come from? Found the disconnect on amazon just can't find bracket.

tbaron34

I have a 2009 GMC Canyon EXT Cab 4WD and I wonder why I have to disconnect the Negative battery terminal or have a switch installed? Thanks! Bill

Bill,

Do have a steering wheel locking pin?

Do you have electronic steering?

If the answer to both is no then the answer is no, you do not need to disconnect the battery.

If you plan on using a braking system like a Buddy Brake you may need a charging wire for your battery.

Herman

Thanks again! I have to admit that I don't know what a steering wheel lock pin is or electronic steering! I towed a Nissan Versa prior to this truck and I had to leave the ignition in the on position so the steering would not lock and I could use the battery to power the Brake Buddy.

W,
I'm sure what you have is Rack and Pinion steering and without the steering wheel lock you should be good to go after you place the transfer case in neutral. However as I said before, with a Buddy Brake you may want a charging line when towing to keep the battery charged.

Herman