I have a DP with mud flaps behind rear wheels, a large, solid "dirt skirt" at the rear. I have a new tow car and a 2-bike rack. I purchased a Blue Ox KarGard (the solid vertical one). The bike tires and the KarGard limit my turning radius. I am wondering with the mud flaps and the dirt skirt do I really need the KarGard?

It may depend on the design of the MH. I run a Journey 34 and tow a Nissan Xterra four down. I have only mud flaps and whiskers type rock guard, it works perfectly to keep the toad clean.

I have a 40' diesel pusher, towning, and I use KarGuard from Blue Ox. I never noticed any turning restrictions. Wonder what's up with that.

Only assumption by me, but I assumed that there is a bike rack at the rear of the motorhome, and with the Karguard in place, the bike tires are too close to the Karguard and could cause damage. There again, only assumption on my part.

We purchased the Kargard before a trip to Alaska last summer. After almost 8000 miles not any damage to our TOAD. It did limit our turn radius and I scratched the back of the motorhome a little when I was forced to made a turn to sharp for the rock guard. Still worth it. I did buy additional truck mud flaps and attached them to the bottom of the rock guard outside the towbar for additional protection. I think the Kargard is a good product.

When we bought our first motor home in 2000, we bought a 'Car Shield' to protect our car. It is a cover which goes over the hood, fenders and windshiled of the car. It has a vinyl out side, and a soft white material on the side that touches the car, and this is held in place with 'spring loaded' clips that hook to the fenders. (Kind of hard to explain). No damage after 30,000 miles. And an unexpected plus, the cover over the windshield keeps the windshield 'clean' when towing the car, so when you unhook it, the windshield is clear. This is especially helpful when driving in the rain. We are really sold on it. I know they are still being sold, as I saw an ad in FMCA Magazine.