CaptBMF

Hydro-Heater Not Heating

I have an '04 Country Coach Allure with a Hydro-Heater water heater. It is not firing. The low voltage relay switch is not tripped. There is plenty of diesel in the fuel tank, and plenty of coolant.

It is possible the Hydro-Heater fuel filter is clogged. What type of filter does it take?

The electric water heating element has really never worked. Can it be easily replaced/removed?

Thank you.

post-37131-0-33760700-1423583631_thumb.j

post-37131-0-37266000-1423583632_thumb.j

Capt.

When was the last time you had your unit serviced? I should be done once a year.

In my Monaco the fuel filter is in the compartment where the fuel tank and Aqua Hot overflow tank are located. You may just need the unit service and the injector replaced. As far as the electric element is concerned you will need to drain the unit.

It is just like a electric water heater in you home and the tank must be drained. The only difference is the Hydro Hot fluid is heated which in turn heats the water. Also I might suggest the you have the Hydro Hot coolant checked to see if it should be replaced.

Might I suggest that you contact Aqua Hot to see who may be in Pomona For the FMCA Family Reunion and set up an appointment to have the unit serviced. John Collalo or Lloyd Degarlo both should be there. (I'm sorry if I missed spelled their names).

This way you can have your unit serviced and go to a great RV Rally. The 91st Family Reunion and Motorhome Show case is March 26-29 at the Fairplex Pomona, California.

Herman

Folks, I have uploaded pictures of my Hydro-Hot Water Heater. (i.e. Model Number HHE-200-08E and S/N HE03-705.) The unit is not an Aqua Hot product. It appears to have Webtasco internal parts. The Raycor/Parker fuel/water separator filter is a 120 Series R12T.

I did purge the bowl beneath the filter fuel/water separator. I did not see any water. The bowl has yellowed and/or darkened over the years. Will see about replacing for better visibility along with the actual filter.

Although I wish to attend the FMCA Family Reunion in March; however too much on my plate right now. I will contact one of my local RV Repair/Service Centers. Thank you for everyone's response.

Rogerberke.com is an excellent source of parts,product information and help to diagnose hydro heating systems for motor homes. I have used him on many occasions with great success.